+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The smell that will not go away

The smell that will not go away

Manure.....first they wanted SJM. Now their fans are saying lets get Grealish. "We can trigger his 'buy out clause' of 45 Million easily". Time to worry friends or is it just paper talk which ties in nicely with the question of FFP....

It's always the same, that's one of the reasons I think the transfer window in January should be removed.

As for the ffp nonsense... I've read probably the same article as you, and it didn't make any sense. The money the club has spent is in line with the TV payments of 3 years. Even if we get relegated you get a percentage of that as parachute payments don't you?

I trust the board, especially Purslow, know what they're talking about more than the papers.

Lazy, very lazy, journalism Dave. It’s because we’re hovering above the abyss after spending big. If we fall, then we all know that big earners and players who command the biggest fees will leave in the summer, and we’ll be fine re FFP. If we survive? again, we’re fine. Just regurgitated old news. Nothing new.

DS came out and said yesterday that Jack does not have a buy-out clause in his new contract, signed in September 2019. Same with SJM and Mings.

Purslow too has rubbished the story. These stories will continue, it’s all clickbait.

All over the press again. Utd fans convinced they have the money to prize him away. There talking 85 million for Madison so thats at least 100 million for Grealish but surely we wont let him go even for that much knowing McGinn is out possibly for the season?

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...nsfer-17469091
    Last edited by TrianonDave; 24-12-2019 at 09:33 AM.

Marcus Rashford is the only man utd player I can think of who came thru their youth system. Jesse Lingard is secretly in his late 20s yet people think he is about 20.

Man utd trying to buy success by being linked to Grealish, Maddison and Rice. They should concentrate on their own kids for a change

This probably won’t make me very popular on here but I think Jack needs to go to a more successful club with better players around him sooner rather than later if he is to make the best of his career. Villa are too far away at the moment and a footy career is short. It would be with a heavy heart but he would go with my blessing as long as it was a Champions League club.

Merry Christmas everyone

If we stay up Picasso then I think the owners will spend big next summer to convince Jack we have genuine ambitions of dining at the top table. If we go down he's gone anyway and it won't be to a team outside the usual top 6.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)