+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Jan transfers and speculation thread...

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Wish we were in pole position to sign some defenders...Get that right and we will have a great chance of going up this season even if we sign no one else...
    What proof do you have on us having a great chance? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    How many defenders do you think a club of our size should have Roly? I'm not talking about injury's/sending offs/loaned out. I just mean on our books.
    8 maybe 9.
    4 full backs, 4 or 5 centres

....and fit ones. Also doesn't help that there is not much protection in front of them either as we replaced the injured (after first few weeks of contract) Potter, with the even more injured/illness prone MacDonald. If Barlaser gets injured/ goes back we are even more burgered
    Last edited by mikemiller; 04-01-2020 at 07:34 PM.

Cayton
    We could make do with none if you want us to go down.it depends how ambitious we are. For me a strong defence now will give us a great chance of going up as long as we don't let any key players go. Look at the picture atm. We have some you games coming up against promotion contenders who will exploit our defensive weaknesses. We have Robertson out long term who covers left back and cb we have Jones out who covers both full backs we have Thompson out suspended who covers right back and cb. We have mattocjk out for another game. If let happens to iekwe or wood injury suspension wise we will have one proper cb for these games if we lose both and we will have no cbs. We are in 2nd position now. Are we serious about going up or not? If we aren't then fair enough we will carry on playing players out of position to cover. I'm not asking for loads of players just a couple of decent defenders. Loanees will do.

No interest from Brum for Lamy (Paul Davis)

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Cayton
    We could make do with none if you want us to go down.it depends how ambitious we are. For me a strong defence now will give us a great chance of going up as long as we don't let any key players go. Look at the picture atm. We have some you games coming up against promotion contenders who will exploit our defensive weaknesses. We have Robertson out long term who covers left back and cb we have Jones out who covers both full backs we have Thompson out suspended who covers right back and cb. We have mattocjk out for another game. If let happens to iekwe or wood injury suspension wise we will have one proper cb for these games if we lose both and we will have no cbs. We are in 2nd position now. Are we serious about going up or not? If we aren't then fair enough we will carry on playing players out of position to cover. I'm not asking for loads of players just a couple of decent defenders. Loanees will do.
    I'm not sure we will go down if we don't sign a defender Roly.
    TS PW still need to balance the books so ambition is always limited. PW wants a winger and a striker. Maybe he knows that a few will be leaving! Were not a big club and can't stack players just for the sake of it or because we're short for next 3/4 games. We have 10 or 11 players who are all defenders and possibly 2 more who could stand in at short notice. Warne has got us to 2nd position with a patched up team. Maybe 4 or 5 more players in the window will give us promotion, crystal ball would be nice. though any permanent signings will effect us beyond this season. If it's loan players were looking at it will be in towards the end of the window due to the food chain/pecking order/ how it works.

...not saying we would go down but making the point we need to shore up the defence if we want a chance of promotion. This stuff about wanting a winger and a forward, I think Warney has his priorities wrong we have 4 potential wide men already. We have at least 3 forwards plus we could get our loanee forwards back who are doing well by the sound of it. We have plenty of central midfielders as well. We do have defenders but they are knacked or suspended. Its unfair to put wiles at right back. Think of how the crowd will react to him if he has a bad game there. He has already had some unjust stick from the fans and he is only a young lad. Olasunde is still very green as well and should probably be an understudy to a more experienced full back. The centre half position is difficult as well beause if Iekwe or Wood get injured or suspended we have no cover but Matt Crookes. Robertson will be out for ages and we know Thompson will be out for 3 games now. We could put a young lad in but what does Warne do but extend his loan to Gateshead when we have a defensive crisis. It makes no sense to me.

I hope I am wrong but I can't see us doing owt with a patched up defence at Oxford. If we do fair enough...

What positions would you prioritise Cayton?
    Last edited by rolymiller; 05-01-2020 at 02:30 PM.

I've said from half a dozen games in we need to replace the hole vaulkes/ajayi left with a defensive midfielder. MacDonald was supposed to be that player but it's not worked out. All the rest imo don't meet that criteria
    Barlaser has stepped up over Xmas which is a life saver since we only had 2 other cm, though he did very little for the first 15 plus games.
    Crooks has been hit n miss though it looks like it was him carrying a injury, still not fully sorted.
    Wiles is young and will have up n down games plus he's been used in numerous positions. Most of which don't suit him.
    Lindsey started well but has had more important things on his mind. So for me DM is first priority

2nd signing would be LW. Imagine having a Newell/Williams/Taylor on the left with ogbene on the right. Teams would sht themselves playing us.
    Hastie is not the answer simply cos warne either doesn't rate him or doesn't want to play him. Is he going back? We have the young Irish lad Clark who's shown from the bench he has the ability but the two starts he's looked well out of his depth. Maybe a 6 month loan in league 2 would be good for him.
    Regards defenders. The only place I would look at is RB to replace Jones long-term. I really liked the look of the young lad from Rochdale. Long scraggy hair. He's only 17. IMO will play championship and above.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    No interest from Brum for Lamy (Paul Davis)
    Someone posted he'd already gone

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Someone posted he'd already gone
    Yes I fell for it ��
    Should be banned making false accounts of the clubs twitter page

Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast