+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Agm

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    What I took from it, having missed very few AGMs since 1995, was that interest was piqued by the burning issues of a new régime and its plans, the opaque tie-in with Atlanta (and if Cormack uses the business cliché ‘best practice’ one more time, there’s a green-ink letter appearing in his in-tray), and development issues over Alford East. That would part-explain the increased attendance that even Wiggy acknowledged. It’s a far cry from December 1996, though, when it was conducted in the Capitol.

I know of at least three shareholders, and prominent ‘nay-sayers’, whose attendance pattern matches my own, who have become so fed up with AFC’s state of torpor onfield and off the field, that they didn’t bother this time.
    Scrabble season is upon us.

Zzzzz

Zzzzz
    How many scrabble points for that Vintage min? 🙂

The standing ovation you mentioned for the rug wearing fud was sadly inevitable. I even predicted it would be thus. Glad to see you failed to join in 👏

Sadly, we have a large swathe of support that deserve all they get cause they expect fuuck all.

Exactly the kind of folk you’d love to have as a boss for the easy life you’d get.

Let’s just hope Cormack has far higher ambition than these sad acts...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    How many scrabble points for that Vintage min?
    50 (plus letter and word multipliers) but since there’s only one Z tile per set, I’d be able to deploy them via side letters, and set up as an entirely new entity eg The 57vintage if I was caught. The precedent has been set in The Chronicles of Cvntery.

50 (plus letter and word multipliers) but since there’s only one Z tile per set, I’d be able to deploy them via side letters, and set up as an entirely new entity eg The 57vintage if I was caught. The precedent has been set in The Chronicles of Cvntery.
    Good answer min

I was there.

Far bigger attendance than in the past ten years.

Leaving tributes to fowk leaving (although some will be biding on).

Buchan and Cormack re-elected by rotation.

New stadium stuff very cagey (consultation, financial plan, timescale).

Back-slapping on training complex.

Wiggy choking.

Sorry, Wiggy choking back the tears in his farewell speech which drew a standing ovation. I clapped politely, but stayed seated. He is NOT Frankie McDougall or Kevin Rowland or Rory Gallagher or Gerry Rafferty or Joe Harper or John Byrne.

Cormack full of promises but he canna deliver a gag to save his life. Tumbleweed.

Questions from former board member Jim Cummings on finance and structure.

Question on Gleeson "looking to move him on in January for mutual benefit", says the gaffer.

"Why nae indoor pitch at Alford East?" Would have raised further objections from the W.A.N.K.S. seemed to be the response, with concomitant* conditions applied, but there are possibilities for future development.

That was aboot it. I didna sample the tea or coffee.

* a term I've had to use in my former professional life for a long time, so **** off, Traynor
    I thought the standing ovation for Milne was ridiculous and like you stayed in my seat. I thought the attendance was very healthy with folk wanting to hear what Cormack had to saw rather than to say farewell to Milne. It was said that Milne had left the club on a sound financial footing which was nonsense. If it had not been for the Donald's wiping out the debt we could well have well ended up in administration as the debt was rising about a million pounds per year on Milne's watch. I thought Cormack spoke well and am sure that his tenure will be far better for the club than Milne's. I don't think he is quite so wedded to Kingsford either which is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by donsviking View Post
    It was said that Milne had left the club on a sound financial footing
    Surely they didn't actually parrot that shameless fallacy did they.

It's almost up there with our 'continued success'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12