+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V Southampton

V Southampton

Stating the obvious we need A win at any cost! Lose this or even draw this and it heaps pressure on the Team and the fans. Deano will obviously be under the spotlight and with January coming up the temptation might be to bring someone else in? I think we should keep hold of him even if we drop down.
    So for me today, A few things to discuss.
    1. Kodija or Wesley
    2. Or both?
    3. Konsa or Chester
    4. Alghazi or Trez or both
    5. Jack out left or in the middle
    6. Hourihane or Luiz

The options are starting to sound a bit predictable. I just hope we get a couple of quality signings in soon. Its not quite shlt or bust but the next 3 games are decisive. A big statement is required. I just hope their defence is as bad as ours!
    My Line up

Heaton
    Giulbert
    Elgens
    Chester
    Targett
    Grealish
    Hourihane
    McGinn
    Alghazi
    Jota
    Kodija
    Last edited by TrianonDave; 21-12-2019 at 09:03 AM.

Rest McGinn and put Nakamba in, Southampton will be up for this relegation scrap!

Lineup:-

1Heaton
    24Guilbert
    22Engels
    30Hause
    18Targett
    7McGinn
    6Douglas Luiz
    14Hourihane
    21El Ghazi
    9Wesley
    10Grealish

Substitutes
    8Lansbury
    11Nakamba
    15Konsa
    17Trézéguet
    25Nyland
    26Kodjia
    27El Mohamady

Well that's McGinn out for the season. Looked serious to me. Guilbert is terrible today. Need to score 3 goals now and can't see it happening. Need to play 3 at the back, as suggested on here

Yep 3 at the back and i would be tempted to play Elmo and trez and wing backs.
    This is what you get when you keep tinkering with the team....didnt Bruce do this and lose his way.
    Heaton, how many goals has he shipped lately?
    Again he is another one who cannot command a regular place.

Sorry Dave I disagree regarding Heaton. The first goal today was terrible marking by Guilbert, the 2md was a well placed header and the 3rd was a gift by another defender.

The defence is the issue. I think it would look a lot better with Target and Trez on the wings and Mings/Chester Konsa and Engels as CBs.

Only issue with 3 CBs is they have to be really REALLY well drilled. Not sure if a manager like DS is capable of that as he has never played that formation

Well one thing is for sure, your goalkeeper is only as good as the defence and the midfield cannot get forward if it is covering for a poor defence, if it is then you cannot support the forwards and forwards wont score. Our midfield is over stretched. As ive said before, smith has to change formation...352?

Absolute garbage.. looked better when kodja came on up too with Wes n imo he’s gotta start next game with 2 up top.. jack came alive after his goal but defence looked awful again and surely Chester is in line for a call up ?? Players need to have a good hard look at themselves after that performance!!

Smith must be feeling the pressure after that ?

Massive few games coming up thats for sure

If we don't get 7 points from the next 3 games then I will be looking at making sure we stay up using the dirty ol trick of Big Sam!

Nooooooooo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)