+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    P.S. Just because we want rid of Ashley doesn't mean we have to diss everything else,some on here want the team and manager to fail to upset Ashley.That is not being a supporter we have had bad owners in the past in fact most of my life but I have never wanted the team to fail to spite them.
    Aye,that's what it must be.Just because people see things differently to yourself and the multi-accounts on here doesnt mean we want the club to fail,we just know the way Ashley runs the club we are expecting the worst again.i.e relegation,if not this season we know it will happen.

How many managers would do much better than Bruce,coming in just before the season started and having lost our two top strikers from last season without comparative replacements.

This team were trained by Rafa to counter attack not for pressing,if Bruce was to change that quickly we would be bottom,look what happened at Norwich when he tried to play a passing game.

To improve the football will be a slow process.

P.S. Just because we want rid of Ashley doesn't mean we have to diss everything else,some on here want the team and manager to fail to upset Ashley.That is not being a supporter we have had bad owners in the past in fact most of my life but I have never wanted the team to fail to spite them.
    Its Ashley who wants the team to fail.

Why else would you replace Rafa with Bruce? Why else would you get rid of your top two goal scorers?

If not fail then stay a zombie club, which for me is failure.

Ashley out

Debite

How many managers would do much better than Bruce,coming in just before the season started and having lost our two top strikers from last season without comparative replacements.

This team were trained by Rafa to counter attack not for pressing,if Bruce was to change that quickly we would be bottom,look what happened at Norwich when he tried to play a passing game.

To improve the football will be a slow process.

I agree that you should never hope for relegation, even to get rid of Ashley, as it’s very hard to get promoted into the PL. Only deluded supporters call the Championship a pub league and claim they’re going to ‘storm it’ in their first season there.....,before going on to finish bottom of it.

Question for ghost - how long do you think’ll take Mourinho to ‘unwire the robots’ at Spurs, or Ancelloti at Everton?

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post

Question for ghost - how long do you think’ll take Mourinho to ‘unwire the robots’ at Spurs, or Ancelloti at Everton?
    I'm not interested in how long it takes them. I'm interested in how long it takes Steve Bruce to get to a fully settled and balanced squad. I think he's managing quite well at the minute, amid, at times, some dire football.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Aye...fair points, lads.
    All depends on your viewpoint I suppose . Whether playing shocking ,no possession garbage , but mugging points from opposition who have totally outplayed us at times , meets people's expectations and are over the moon at being mid table .
    Papering over the cracks , a plan or just luck ? . The list of bewildered teams who have had 60 to 70 or more percent possession yet lose to us is steadily growing ... But whether this sucker punch style will continue to get us points against teams better than us remains to be seen.
    We have 18 goals in half a season , and playing absolute garbage ,yet are 9th .. Is Steve Bruce a tactical mastermind or a lucky fat f<>k ? Time will tell .
    Spuds, Manure, Everton, Sheff Utd, Brighton , Man city ,Watford , Villa , Palace .. All wondering what the **** went wrong .. Can our 9 man defence , 30% possession brand of football continue to be successful or will it ultimately fail ?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I'm not interested in how long it takes them. I'm interested in how long it takes Steve Bruce to get to a fully settled and balanced squad. I think he's managing quite well at the minute, amid, at times, some dire football.
    So, how will you know when the squad is balanced and settled? I mean how many games will it take Bruce?

If it never happens will you admit it his his fault and stop prattling on about wired robots and putting the blame on people who left the club a while ago?

I have never heard any manager blame a previous coach for the poor performance of his team. It’s admitting that you don’t control your own players.

So, how will you know when the squad is balanced and settled? I mean how many games will it take Bruce?

If it never happens will you admit it his his fault and stop prattling on about wired robots and putting the blame on people who left the club a while ago?

I have never heard any manager blame a previous coach for the poor performance of his team. It’s admitting that you don’t control your own players.
    Admit it is his fault?
    Look mate, get this into your head. I'm all for giving him every chance and not even thinking about wanting to blame him for anything.
    If he messes up he'll rightly get hammered but now isn't that time and nor was it when he first came....but he's been getting it from some and some bitter one's that just can't let go of an overpaid mercenary.

If you want to spend your time waiting for Bruce to mess up and not have any thought for him to do well then go for it and enjoy your little bitter approach and adherence to a manager that plies his trade in China.

Something’s just occurred to me. You think Bruce is a better manager than Benitez, don’t you?

Something’s just occurred to me. You think Bruce is a better manager than Benitez, don’t you?
    I like Bruce much better than I like Benitez.
    As for who is a better manager for Newcastle United, I'd definitely say Bruce.

Who is better overall is of no concern to me as of now. We have Bruce and that's what I concentrate on and back to do the job. Simple as that.

I don't particularly like Benitez. I think he's overrated and a control freak who will sell you down the river to save his own aris.
    However, when he was manager I backed him at first for a good while.

There's no doubting for me that he took us backwards and his football was mentally challenging for far too long.
    Feel free to argue this if you want to but I'm rigid on my stance.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)