+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marriott on the move...

Marriott on the move...

...to Hull City?
    Maybe just a rumour and not being an ‘itk’ I don’t know how true it is.
    Would make some sense. Marriott comes from East Yorkshire. I’m told he has a business interest (a pub) in not so far away S****horpe and Hull are now managed by Grant McGann who managed him successfully at Peterborough.
    Hope we don’t ‘give him away’. He might have been either unavailable or underachieving for the best part of twelve months but on his day he is, imo, a ‘player’.

If it’s true watch his muscles turn into iron and then he”ll score 20 goals and take them into the premier league through the play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    ...to Hull City?
    Maybe just a rumour and not being an ‘itk’ I don’t know how true it is.
    Would make some sense. Marriott comes from East Yorkshire. I’m told he has a business interest (a pub) in not so far away S****horpe and Hull are now managed by Grant McGann who managed him successfully at Peterborough.
    Hope we don’t ‘give him away’. He might have been either unavailable or underachieving for the best p 're post art of twelve months but on his day he is, imo, a ‘player’.
    Yes sold his house RA so looks like he's going Grant Mcann non committal in the Yorkshire Post as you would expect Makes sense looks like Bowen going for big money they will need a striker Mcann will know everything about him played with him and managed him Sorry to see him go top striker but that counts for nothing if your never fit

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Yes sold his house RA so looks like he's going Grant Mcann non committal in the Yorkshire Post as you would expect Makes sense looks like Bowen going for big money they will need a striker Mcann will know everything about him played with him and managed him Sorry to see him go top striker but that counts for nothing if your never fit
    Didn’t know about the house bit, mista. It’s why he hasn’t ‘fitted’ that’s the worry...and that goes for the last six months of Lampard’s tenure just as much as Cocu’s.
    Potentially our best signing for years appears to have turned sour. Why...and what’s he worth?

Didn’t know about the house bit, mista. It’s why he hasn’t ‘fitted’ that’s the worry...and that goes for the last six months of Lampard’s tenure just as much as Cocu’s.
    Potentially our best signing for years appears to have turned sour. Why...and what’s he worth?
    Another player with a good reputation that crumbled to dust when at Derby, is it the East Midlands air, the pitches at the training ground? Our fitness regime? Our training methods?

No idea but it happens to a lot of players who on paper and from previous records were good players.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Another player with a good reputation that crumbled to dust when at Derby, is it the East Midlands air, the pitches at the training ground? Our fitness regime? Our training methods?

No idea but it happens to a lot of players who on paper and from previous records were good players.
    Not sure it's the East Midlands air his injuries/ illness started in the USA this season You can have the best medics and equipment money can by and only one person can say yes I'm fit to play and that's the player .I'm not saying that's what has been happening here but something definitely doesn't seem right to me

RA. I would imagine we would do well to get £4million for but probably less . I can imagine him going on to be a big hit at Hull. Ironic Martin goes to Hull hardly got a game or a goal there Comes back to us and gets in our team Just shows how backward we've gone

Wonder if Marriot is still fit enough to play golf while injured, bit of a sore point from last time he was spotted on the golf course when supposedly injured?

I think Marriott is a fantastic player, he's just got it. The trouble is there are reasons that managers don't pick him on a regular basis. Would love to know what the problems are but don't think we'll know until he leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Wonder if Marriot is still fit enough to play golf while injured, bit of a sore point from last time he was spotted on the golf course when supposedly injured?
    He was allowed by the medical staff ,sad but true

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)