+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What positions should we be filling in the transfer window

What positions should we be filling in the transfer window

I think we need another centre half to go alongside Nolan and a left sided midfielder to put pressure on Kirk so that he constantly performs to a higher standard that we all know he can achieve . I hope agents of good quality players who are with clubs unable to gain promotion this season from our league will be approaching our club. Possibly one or two players may leave so we need to attract the right replacements and our style of play should be the big attraction as well as possible promotion to a higher division.

I agree that we need strengthening at CB - Lancashire spends more time on the treatment table than Steve Macauley used to and Mbulu is short term, plus Nolan isn’t a natural, well though he has coped.

Not sure we need any more midfielders, tbh. Ainley barely gets a shout at the moment, Pixie can play there and we have 2 decent young FBs in waiting by all accounts. I would love to see Anene stay until at least the end of the season (I believe his loan has a release clause) but if he doesn’t that’s where we need someone else.

Other than that I reckon Dave has the bases pretty much covered, transfers out notwithstanding.

I just feel we will loose a player or two in the transfer window and we do need replacements to strengthen the squad.

I’m sure the manager will have names in mind; I’m guessing he will already have an inkling about who, if any, might be transferred out and there’s no point signing anyone to warm the bench if they don’t leave. Other than the usual starting 11 we have Johnson, Adebisi, Finney, Ainley, Powell, Anene, etc etc, so we aren’t short on pretty good quality numbers... apart from at CB I believe.

So one in, one out?

The trouble is in the past we have left our dealings in the transfer window late due to lack of money and we only pick up players what no one wants. Different this season and we should get in early and strengthen for next season as well. A Ch is deffo on the list

And you could add Green and Jones to that list as they are not regular starters now.

After the Salford game, we definitely need a CB!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    After the Salford game, we definitely need a CB!!!
    I think you will find that we have that CB in our squad. And he was on the bench yesterday. Considering the 1st half shambles must confess I do not understand why he was not brought on at the start of 2nd half. Better still at the start of the game.

Still concerned about our vulnerability on the right side, Defensively Lowery and Powell are non-existent and leave Ng hopelessly exposed. Often it is only Hunt`s reading of the situation that saves us.

Not sure Lowery operates down the right. He is, after all, a central midfielder. So he cannot be directly to blame.
    Salford got the ball forward rather quickly and put our CHs under pressure. Perry, more than anything, exposed himself to difficulty, especially when giving the ball away easily.

I think you will find that from the Cup replay Lowery was moved over to right midfield probably due to the fact that he was slowing our attacking moves. Hence in our recent matches 6 of 8 goals have come directly from the left side of our team. Currently he is right sided midfielder so in that case he is directly to blame to use your words. My sympathy goes to Ng, he is in a lose lose situation.

At the moment if we have a central midfielder it is Finney who apart from the Salford game has been improving with each game.