+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football This Season

The Football This Season

The quality of football this season has been poorer.

The officials have been abysmal.

The amount of injuries and illness have been incredibly.

But blimey hasn't it been fun to watch? Ok the away games have been better because teams have come to play instead of teams parking the bus at the NYS.

I'm really enjoying this seasons matches just as a spectacle.

I bet that I'm in a minority.

Frog.
    I have been to every game and I would say 80% of it has been terrible 10% average and 10% good.
    The next 3 games are critical the excuses have to stop and we need to start dictating games.

The squad is good enough the tactics and style of play isn’t imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Frog.
    I have been to every game and I would say 80% of it has been terrible 10% average and 10% good.
    The next 3 games are critical the excuses have to stop and we need to start dictating games.

The squad is good enough the tactics and style of play isn’t imo.
    Yep, agree with that.

With me it’s getting to the point where I’m thinking “why am I going?” the answer usually being “ because I’ve got a season ticket”

I thought twice about going to the last home game, as a spectacle it’s very poor and mainly void of entertainment even though I believe we have the players that can entertain

I wouldn't say teams come to the nys to park the bus.
    They arrive with a very clear tactical plan and all of those teams that have beaten us have done it very well.
    They only sit back in numbers because we allow them to regroup and why wouldn't they do that if we let them.
    Once they win the ball off us they are more than happy to venture forward and attack us

We have the players.
    We have wingers.
    We have pace.

We play a style that stifles this until it’s too late on too many occasions.

The manager has more excuses than answers.

At this level football is a very simple game.
    Play to our strengths, which is 442, two decent wingers and Smith and Ladapo up front.
    When fit play Wiles, Crooks or Lindsey in midfield.
    There you go job done !

I'm struggling to put my finger on our indifferent performances.
    Are we missing the ball carrying of Williams and Taylor. Are we missing that midfield general. Is it the swapping of formation/team..
    Whatever it is warne needs to get hold of it and get it sorted. In this league it will only take 5 or 6 wins to be right up there.
    Even Wycombes record of 2 losses and 8 draws is not exceptional. Should they be that far Infront.
    All to fight for. Staying positive even though it's hard at times

Sorry Frog, but have you forgotten to take your medication today? 🙂.
    I think the standard of football served up this season has been the poorest I've seen for a number of years and it's happening at a time when the majority of teams in League 1 are distinctly average.
    I haven't seen any indications from the manager or players that things are going to improve any time soon and, unfortunately, I heard chants of "Warne out" on Saturday from a section of the East Stand.
    I think a creative, battling midfielder or two would be most welcome in January but the manager seems to think we need a striker and yet another bloody winger! Really?

We've gone from "don't need wingers" 4-3-3, to "we DO need wingers" 4-4-1-1, to now "we need even more wingers"!
    Changes in formation and injuries have meant that we haven't had a settled team, and nearly every game at least one player has been out of position. That has probably caused the inconsistency, match to match, even half to half too.
    4-3-3 didn't work because the forwards kept getting in each others way. Signing of MacDonald has unfortunately worked out as some of us predicted, and although Morris has gradually looked fitter, he is usually being played out of position. We have lots of players for some positions, no cover for others. Just gives the impression that the details were not really thought through properly over the summer, but we can try to change that in January, finances permitting

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast