+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official January Window Thread

Official January Window Thread

Clearly some players are surplus to requirements and need moving on .

I'd suggest Pinillos , Cavare , McGeehan , Thiam and Jordan Green are not going to be part of the HC's plans and need moving on .

Quite how much they will bring in is quite another matter .

Any clubs who would be looking to buy them are possibly in League One , clubs such as Ipswich , Wycombe , Pompey and possibly the Millers .

We aren't talking a massive amount of money here .

Kenny Dougall is also 6 months away from walking away for nowt so he could well be moved on unless he signs a new deal , a bit of a George Moncur situation developing with Kenny .

If you raised £1.5m from the above sales you'd have done well in my opinion .

Clearly the clubs willingness to hold on to Mowatt , Chaplin and Woodrow are where most of our focus is .

Absolute suicide to sell those three and I'd possibly include Jacob Brown too as a potential sale .

Interesting month ahead and possibly the clubs most important transfer window ever given the ownership's fractured relationship with the fans and the tantalising prospect that we have given ourselves a sniff of staying up .

There's an opportunity for the club to build some bridges , learn some mistakes and remain a championship club .

It entirely depends on how much they actually value championship football in my opinion .

In Tommy Orpington !!
    Out as above in Animal's post

Al wait to see what happens but in truth I'm anticipating the worst

Hoss said in his Radio Sheffield interview that Struber has "asked him to trim the squad" down from 27 to 23 with a couple to come in. So that's six art, two in, minimum.
    I fear that the prospect of a sizeable incoming transfer fee "to balance the books" will prove too much for Hoss to resist and at least one of our crown jewels will be sold, irrespective of its effect on the team's prospects of staying up

The other question of course is how much brass is left in the clubs coffers for recruitment next month .

As I've stated the fringe players who are surplus to requirements aren't going to raise that much money and there's no guarantee you can move them out either .

There's the possibility that Thiam and Cavare could return to France but you can only see minor French clubs showing much interest in those two .

McGeehan is probably the one with the most value but could you see anyone in the championship buying him ? , me neither , if you got 500k you'd do well and that's beyond most clubs in league one .

The elephant in the room is the fact our current starting eleven is just about competitive at this level plus Bahre , Dougall and Collins , we have in effect a squad of 14 players , not the 23 Struber thinks we have , I'd be interested to know who the 23 players we have that Struber thinks are Championship quality .

There is absolutely nothing to back up Woodrow and Chaplin should they both suffer injuries .

3 years ago we had Winnall , Bradshaw , Watkins and Armstrong fighting for a shirt up top just to show where we once were and where we are today .

The fact is when you look at the squad and the recruitment that went with it what it shows is a willingness to purchase many individual footballers but with little regard to having a balanced squad that provides , competition , an opportunity to rotate and keep players fresh or covers injuries .

We need a spine in January if the truth be told , a right back , a centre half and at least one other striker .

Any HC worth his salt would see that all day long , someone may have to be the sacrificial lamb to provide the funds for that to happen in my opinion .

OUT

Pinillos , Thiam , Cavare , Green , McGeehan .

Sacrificial lamb

Jacob Brown

IN

Right Back , Centre Half , Striker .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The other question of course is how much brass is left in the clubs coffers for recruitment next month .

As I've stated the fringe players who are surplus to requirements aren't going to raise that much money and there's no guarantee you can move them out either .

There's the possibility that Thiam and Cavare could return to France but you can only see minor French clubs showing much interest in those two .

McGeehan is probably the one with the most value but could you see anyone in the championship buying him ? , me neither , if you got 500k you'd do well and that's beyond most clubs in league one .

The elephant in the room is the fact our current starting eleven is just about competitive at this level plus Bahre , Dougall and Collins , we have in effect a squad of 14 players , not the 23 Struber thinks we have , I'd be interested to know who the 23 players we have that Struber thinks are Championship quality .

There is absolutely nothing to back up Woodrow and Chaplin should they both suffer injuries .

3 years ago we had Winnall , Bradshaw , Watkins and Armstrong fighting for a shirt up top just to show where we once were and where we are today .

The fact is when you look at the squad and the recruitment that went with it what it shows is a willingness to purchase many individual footballers but with little regard to having a balanced squad that provides , competition , an opportunity to rotate and keep players fresh or covers injuries .

We need a spine in January if the truth be told , a right back , a centre half and at least one other striker .

Any HC worth his salt would see that all day long , someone may have to be the sacrificial lamb to provide the funds for that to happen in my opinion .

OUT

Pinillos , Thiam , Cavare , Green , McGeehan .

Sacrificial lamb

Jacob Brown

IN

Right Back , Centre Half , Striker .
    Sacrificial lamb will be Woodrow to Huddersfield, or another one of the Championship clubs interested.

As long as we replace him with a striker AND a player more suited to the role he is currently playing in.

A full back is a must to go alongside the Villa centre back we’re hopeful of signing.

Agree with the players we need to get rid of.

Its abart opinions Animal. You were adamant that Cavare should be a definite starter earlier in the season, now you have him on the transfer list. Am not nit picking mate but more making a point that football is a cut throat business.

Struber has come in and assessed what he's got and brought his own ideas to the table. The change in formation has shown encouraging signs, players like Jordan Williams and Odour have come in and looked more than capable. Halme and Dougal are vying for the anchor midfield role, the front 3 are a big threat and look well suited in their new roles.

If Hoss is going to trim the squad then the proceeds should go to any new players in mind. However, as you've said, getting the fringe players out for respectable fees is going to be difficult but bear in mind that having them off the wage bill then frees up capital too.

The policy the club operates on nowadays means that they'll have to swallow and take the rough with the smooth. Thiam for instance was a million pound gamble that failed, we will have to take a loss on him. Whilst players are bought for potential profit we know that a good few will have to be sold at a loss.

Struber is a guy who knows what he wants, he has freshened things up and got a positive response. If he has any targets in mind to help us survive then him and Hoss should be working as one to try and get them.

A wo wi thi until that last sentence Pass. Struber will join a line of recent managers who evved the rug pulled from under them when they thought they were seeing signs of progress.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    A wo wi thi until that last sentence Pass. Struber will join a line of recent managers who evved the rug pulled from under them when they thought they were seeing signs of progress.
    Very true SB, tell thi truth av mixed emotions but judging by what's gone off int past it's difficult to see owt changing int future

Hoss's word is final and chein says Humbug and young cryne doesn't care a fk

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast