+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burnley v Manchester United Preview

Frank : " how come it...that before tonight , Man United hadn't had a clean sheet in 14 games ?! "

John : " that's easy Frank , De Gea saved Bardsley's shot "

S.D Post match.

"we did enough to score..... ."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/50936189

Last edited by Norder; 28-12-2019 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

Frank : " how come it...that before tonight , Man United hadn't had a clean sheet in 14 games ?! "

John : " that's easy Frank , De Gea saved Bardsley's shot "
    Spot On John

Was it fine Margins again?
    I honestly cannot be bothered watching anymore It"s painful ,...Our Board have no ambition, and because of that I have given up now after 4 decades of following the Clarets Home and away from Div 1 to Div 4 and back I am throwing in the towel.
    I just feel let down!!
    Just converted a campervan with the intention of using for away games, But I think I will use it for taking the Mrs away instead! A lot less painful .

Hendrick was total bobbins tonight. Two silly goals given away. OMG I need my bed.

Well pick the bones out of that. I exchanged texts with my brother before the match. Are you feeling confident? No. Our lack of confidence was it turned out fully justified but it was still a shock that Charlie Taylor of all people should make such a howler just before half-time when our defence had looked like seeing us in scoreless at the break. The problems in midfield were there for all to see. I don’t like to single out individuals but Hendrick had a nightmare of a game. His shooting was elephants trunk and Brandon Williams was simply allowed the freedom of the park down our right flank. We looked so much better when McNeil was moved into a more CM position as he finally got to show his ability to beat people and influence play. Is Drinkwater fit yet because we bloody well need something new in the middle of the park. We have good target men in Barnes Wood and JayRod and we should have really overloaded Lindelof but it didn’t happen. It has not been a good Christmas. The New Year had better be a whole bloody lot better.

Play Gibson alongside Mee and move Tarkowski into a central midfield defensive role.

Play McNeil at the top of a diamond behind Wood and Barnes, give Jay Rod the freedom of the park.

Fill in the missing blanks and let's start trying to put the ball in the back of the net from open play.

I still believe our lads can play the beautiful game, so let's take the game to our opponents especially at Turf Moor. FFS!

Well I would agree with comments about Hendrick. He is simply incapable of playing his position he moves around the pitch where the ball has just been and gone elsewhere. At least I came of the Turf feeling that the players lost the game trying to win but caught with a sucker punch at the end. The players should be proud. I was initially excited by the potential 3 up top but that was dashed within about 10 minutes. I must say I thought we had a better balance when Hendrick was subbed. Bottom line was the difference between the two teams was we were not good enough up front.

mistakes happen all time - win some lose some, gets some do some - whats new....but only really ever gets heavily focussed upon if leads to a scoring opportunity or - goal.....as for Taylor's, was a slow pass from Mee - meaning that he had to wait that tiny bit longer for the ball, meant that Pereria could get that little bit closer, putting him under pressure quicker....It looked as if he was just going to hoof it, but for some reason hesitated, perhaps he didn't see it clear, I dont know....So -- Pereria tackles Taylor, wins the ball and sends it across for Martial - but that still doesn't mean he'll score, he has Pope to beat and Tark is coming up on him from behind - though unfortunately, Tark was a little slow to react, and had left too much space between himself and Martial, that wasn't Mee's concern, he was behind him, and anyway, would imagine was waiting for Pereria to cut inside for a run on goal. Then there's Pope, should he/could he, have done more ?.
    Who knows....but what we do know is, even if no errors at our end - if the opposition are having shots saved, cleared off the line, and are hitting the post etc....but we're making little to nothing at theirs, then what level of failure is that, when fixed, game after game ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)