+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burnley v Manchester United Preview

Burnley v Manchester United Preview

I speak to a lot of fans from other clubs and almost without exception they are full of praise for SD and what he has achieved at Burnley. It is hard to see what he can do in this fixture however other than to garner the UK’s regular Eurovision score of nil points. United were well off the pace against Watford until Paul Pogba came on and having conceded early at home to Newcastle they cantered away with the game. They have Jekyll & Hyde whereas we seem to be all too one dimensional. I can’t see us changing much from the dogged display at Everton which ultimately brought us few chances at Goodison and a defeat. Yes McNeil got sloppy but it would be folly in my view to put the defeat down to his error. I hope he really showcases his undoubted talents this time. Who gets that final midfield berth? Brady, JBG and Lennon have all been unconvincing. Hendrick to come back maybe? UTC.

"Who gets that final midfield berth? Brady, JBG and Lennon have all been unconvincing. Hendrick to come back maybe? UTC."

A bit like putting ear-rings on a pig Outwood, it won't make a whole lot of difference.

Yes but if she had a pretty snout and nice dangly ear-rings sinkov.

The importance of Westwood is underlined again.

United play the Gunners on new years day - so can rest ready a few for that game - however, those that do play being sluggish and unconcerned - that'll allow us plenty of time/space to play the ball around and look the cats whiskers - thus the home crowd will be lifted , and Burnley net a first half goal or two - thereafter, the commentators tell the viewers that Sloskiruns given them a talking too / changed formation or...changed his socks - and they'll come out rejuvinated for the second with a lifted game - from then - we put on the defensive performance of the season.

Perhaps.

I hope we can put on a bit of a show for the three visiting French lads I managed to get tickets for?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I hope we can put on a bit of a show for the three visiting French lads I managed to get tickets for?
    If you see them BT you could try “y a-t-il un chariot pres d’ici mes amis?”. Literally is there a shopping trolley nearby. We may need to get some top French players bagged in the January window and it pays to think ahead. If they can’t answer your question then you may well smell a rat and you should warn them that Burnley is chock full of angry bison roaming the streets during the winter months.

I've put a few pennies on United @4/5, not quite stealing money, but a sound investment nevertheless........probably.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I've put a few pennies on United @4/5, not quite stealing money, but a sound investment nevertheless........probably.
    Long will spoil that bet with a hat-trick!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)