+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Solihull Moors 28.12.19

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Very impressed by his reading of the game and ability to spell out our problems in such a succinct manner. Not many goalies seem to go into management, though - and of course Solihull have an exception in Tim Flowers and his hoofball tactics.

A lot of folks were singing the praises of Ben Turner (myself included), so what do we make of the stats since he’s been out? Alex Lacey has played four times, been involved in four wins and helped keep three clean sheets (including in the FA Trophy). Seems to have brought some pace to the back line and struck up an immediate partnership with Rawlinson, too.
    He’s been quality and for me Kelly-Evans has given Ardley another headache as he has been absolutely superb the last couple of games and I thought up to then Brindley had dropped in form too.

Very impressed by his reading of the game and ability to spell out our problems in such a succinct manner. Not many goalies seem to go into management, though - and of course Solihull have an exception in Tim Flowers and his hoofball tactics.

A lot of folks were singing the praises of Ben Turner (myself included), so what do we make of the stats since he’s been out? Alex Lacey has played four times, been involved in four wins and helped keep three clean sheets (including in the FA Trophy). Seems to have brought some pace to the back line and struck up an immediate partnership with Rawlinson, too.
    That was a question I was trying to ask on another thread recently regarding players ' keeping the shirt' when they play well. Is it genuine ,or will Turner walk straight back in on his return to fitness. It was mentioned we had started to let in a few goals a couple of games ago and maybe it was players not thinking they had any competetion for their place ( Brindley , Turner to name 2 had dipped slightly). If and when they get back in they now know there is someone breathing down their neck.
    Thats why I dont complain too much with the Dennis / Thomas dilema as maybe they are pushing each other on, even though im in the Dennis camp.

Lacey looks a good player and has made a fine start to his career with us but he is predominantly right footed but playing on the left in Bens absence. I would expect Ben to return at left centre back. It is also clear to me that Lacey could easily play a holding role in midfield if required. He is a very useful recruit with a bright future

The manager obviously has faith in Lacey, he is one of his signings after all, his limited performances to date shows why. Good addition as Kelton.

Makes the Bird loan to Boston make perfect sense, and rightly then brought back due to injuries to provide match ready cover if required.

Easy this management lark eh?

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    He’s been quality and for me Kelly-Evans has given Ardley another headache as he has been absolutely superb the last couple of games and I thought up to then Brindley had dropped in form too.
    I definitely think Brindley has gone from looking like he's playing two divisions lower than his pedigree, to looking bang average. Hopefully a bit if time out of the team will have him back to his best.

Well done to Kelly-Evans.

Thanks for all the links to the post match analysis. Always enjoy listening to Stall and whichever commentator he is with. Thought Sam’s interview was excellent and recommend to any who usually find it hard work listening to players’ post match comments. Yesterday was a huge result and I would agree with those who think it is, arguably, the best of the season. Pre game I was hoping Notts would avoid defeat against a tough and experienced side, at this level, but to come away with a hard fought 1-0 win is excellent. Maidenhead again on Weds presents a potential banana skin (or, given where we are at these days, the opportunity of slipping on dog schit!). Hope we don’t have another Aldershot but note that the Magpies of Maidenhead had a good result yesterday and I am sure they will be primed up to try and avenge the defeat they suffered on Boxing Day. Still another proper, albeit different, test for NA and his team.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Well when we beat Halifax, with a four goal second half blitz, someone on here quickly quoted "their poor form" and how "we should be beating them". Then we play Maidenhead who have one of the best away records in the league and a first half three goal blitz ends that game before it started. Then we go away to Solihull, who have one of the best home records in the league and we again get another clean sheet and another victory when most would of taken a point.

Maybe the saving the players legs with the substitutions and non event of a 2nd half on Boxing Day combined with a brave team selection nobody predicted was part of the reason we got an unexpected 3 points.

I just knew someone would come out with the classic line should be beating teams like {insert team name} .. thanks CF for not making me wait long.

Actually nice to hear some of the blame for the poor form in Nov / early-mid Dec aimed at the players and not just the boss.

Great result today when all that mattered was the points after two impressive displays. Congrats to manager for making some key decisions that on this occasion have paid off.

Stat update :

0 points off play off place
    13 points off relegation place
    If you think Notts County Football Club with our facilities, squad and management team shouldn't be beating Halifax, Maidenhead and Solihull then you're a much much bigger tw@t then I thought which would be hard. Fooook off you sad cnut and leave me out your posts from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    If you think Notts County Football Club with our facilities, squad and management team shouldn't be beating Halifax, Maidenhead and Solihull then you're a much much bigger tw@t then I thought which would be hard. Fooook off you sad cnut and leave me out your posts from now on.
    Someone's had their first festive beer!

We're where we deserve to be because results dictate that. It doesn't matter if we have a nice stadium or whatever, the league table and which league to are in does not lie and just because you're above someone in a table or have been in the football league before does not automatically grant you the win. It would do a few people on here well to remember that.

It's a chastening experience being down here and if we go back up, it will hopefully give us a bit of humility to understand we don't have a god given right to be in the football league

[QUOTE=matt_magpie;39397191] Crowd were superb, even did the hughsey (/QUOTE]

We "Did the Hughesy" because.......Hughesy was in the stand with us.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post

Not rattled much lol, brilliant.

Any Notts fan who starts a post "with our facilities...." Needs their head rattling. So the dressing rooms are very nice, the stands are big, conference facilities excellent and pitch lovely , yup that should have the opposition defeated before kick off lol. Have a word.

And what do you mean our management team? You mean the management the majority on here wanted sacked just 4 games and many still do? Oh that management time gotcha, the clueless ones that are the worse management team we've had since the last worse worse management team.

The one I will agree with you on is the squad it appears to be a promotion capable squad but football doesn't work like that sadly.

This is a late entry for my favourite post of the season, although doesn't quite win the award CF.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast