+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Im first.....Sack him

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Regardless of the question Pulis is not your answer.

I speak from bitter experience.......this bloke drained the life and spirit out of my club and out of me personally.

I would explore every other opportunity on the planet before going for Pulis.

Albion should’ve gone for Graham Potter two years ago........he is the standout,progressive young manager in the U.K.

You’re probably going to need a manager to bring you back up and if you can’t get Potter then the guy at Brentford has them playing fantastic football.

If you want a big name then maybe Steven Gerrard would be tempted.

You will regret Pulis.
    Cheers Mick... Having not had Pulis as manager my view on him is this...

Steady, defensive minded, straight forward manager not trying to re invent the wheel, not exciting but never relegated.

My brother in law is a Stoke City fan and I think deeply regrets when they wanted to move on from Delap throw ins and Pulis in charge. Hughes was a disaster, fully besotted by his own hype, not taking no for an answer with 3 CBs, Lambert was a disaster and a fall guy, the guy they got from Luton wasn't the answer - Luton just happened to have a good team, now they have the wrong O Neil in charge.

Pulis would surely steady the villa ship and possibly keep us up. But I appreciate your views as a decent poster on here mate 👍🏻

Dont want Pulis rather keep Deano! Maybe theres some issue behind the scenes, maybe JT has to go. Is he not resonsible for defence training? Smith will be in place v Burnley but another performance like that
    And seriously, he will treading very very thin ice. West Ham have seen the danger, made their move and sacked their Manager so, if theres one decent manager out there they, are already talking to him!!

Meanwhile back in Dudley

Despite his heavy Christmas of over-indulgence,

Big Sam finishes another slice of pork pie and pours himself a pint of Pinot Grigio as he waits expectantly iphone within easy reach ...

Do you think slimey Purslow is already talking to suitors while giving Deano a VOC? Funny how our results started to go down hill since signing his 4 year contract in October!

Spot on Mick. Not sure about Gerrard though but an interesting thought. If we did change managers it would have to be Rafael Benitez in my eyes.
    Im not sure if im joining the Deano out brigade quite yet. Im sitting on the fence at the moment. Maybe the players are just simply not good enough regardless of manager?

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    Spot on Mick. Not sure about Gerrard though but an interesting thought. If we did change managers it would have to be Rafael Benitez in my eyes.
    Im not sure if im joining the Deano out brigade quite yet. Im sitting on the fence at the moment. Maybe the players are just simply not good enough regardless of manager?
    Some of players certainly aren't good enough, but what are the chances of buying 12 duds???

Rafa hates the villa and I can't imagine him ever being our gaffa but stranger things have happened.

Well all our signings were Championship material so what can you expect?
    Guilbert french div 1
    Targett...s'ton reserve
    Konsa....championship
    Hause....championship
    Jota....championship
    Wesley...dutch div 1
    Luiz...city bench warmer

Our team has some very good players but they all need to be firing on all cylinders.
    Heaton
    Mings
    McGinn
    Grealish
    Hourihane
    We should have paid for real quality around these guys. Just who is doing the transfer activities these days?? Begs the question.

I cannot f'in stand Pulis, anti-football and an absolute bellend - no more to be said.

We're odds-on to go down now, in the early season we were creating good chances and scoring goals, it was tactics & game management that lost us so many winning positions. Ever since McGinn has gone off the boil and Jack pushed out wide we have been far less effective - we are so easy to beat.

A lot can change in a week in football but without a few quality signings in key positions and some hard work on the basics of defending, crossing, retaining possession along with a change of formation we are done for. Our squad isn't strong enough and of course it takes a few windows to become established but the likes of Sheff Utd have done just fine.

I've never been an advocate of changing the manager as many times as we have because a manager quite rightly wants their own players to work with which ends up expensive. So do we stick with DS, go down (which will probably happen anyway) and allow him to build his own side to come up & stay up?

This is his team though and his tactics plus his own hand picked backroom staff. Hopefully we have Mings back for Burnley as their 2 guys up front woods and barnes will have field day againt our lot.

Deadly Doug always said sack the manager by Xmas, he hung about with Tommy Docherty and we went down to Div3.

I really like Dean and still have some confidence in him, but he needs a new Centre forward for sure, a new left back and someone to replace McGinn.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)