+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Im first.....Sack him

If we beat Brighton then that's them properly in the mix.

The relegation of 3 teams isn't decided on one piss poor match against the current champions. Tho, if we do beat LCFC in the league Cup I can't imagine a lot of fans bothering to go to Wembley for the final against Man City.

New manager now or build for the championship?

Anyone want Eddie Howe????

Did anyone seriously expect something different to happen? its a car crash, but we survive... move on!

Sam - B'mouth would be crazy to let Eddie Howe go and what would he bring at this stage of the season when his own team are struggling?

Our lack of goals really worries me as we concede every game.

I wouldnt be surprized if Smith resigns. He is a villa fan and listens to the fans. He will be the first to acknowledge the job is too big for him.
    Im still baffled as to what Terry does for this squad!

The thing that I find surprising, is the shock and anger over this and so many other performances this season. The squad is sh1t, it’s always been sh1t, and it will continue to be sh1t.
    Nyland, Hause, Hourihane, Luiz, Nakamba, AEG, Trez, Taylor, Elmo and are all back up squad players. One trick ponies that trick far too inconsistently.

Nyland’s positioning is ok, he gets hit by the ball a lot, they’re not saves, and his distribution is frightening.
    Taylor and Elmo are hoofing dinosaurs, with the speed and positional sense of them too.
    Hause, Trez, Luiz and Nakamba are rabbits in the headlights.
    Hourihane, one cross from 12, can’t tackle and is nothing more than a handy bench player.

As for Wes? He’s sh1t. Yesterday was like one of his average performances, and that was from the couch at home. It was just like he was playing, the ball coming straight back, no movement and no end product. We replaced him with another player yesterday, who also has a 1st touch ‘like a baby elephant’. Enter stage right, AEG, who also couldn’t get off the effing floor!!!!

As for now? We need to give Drinkwater time, so we need a rough arse midfielder with an engine, frills need not apply. We need a ******* of a No9, to hold the ball up and smash both himself and the ball into the net. And we need someone like Bowen or Wallace (Millwall).

The transfer committee have chosen players who do not have the skills set for fancy football, so we need to add a few animals who can run and fight, and drag the other precious little darlings with them. It’s no fluke or rocket science that both Watford and Saints are winning games, they are playing to their players strengths, not an ideology of some pumped up ‘Pep wannabe’ director of Football.

Incredibly negative posts considering we just played one of the best teams in europe and won the prevous week away from home. Keep the faith

I think it's more to do with our performance against City, must be the worst in living memory.

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    Incredibly negative posts considering we just played one of the best teams in europe and won the prevous week away from home. Keep the faith
    Bongo - there was no desire in that performance, I agree with Exiled that many of our players simple aren't good enough for this level but to allow City to roll you over like that is unforgivable. We won at Burnley because their finishing is awful, Norwich are bottom of the league and outclassed us at home.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Bongo - there was no desire in that performance, I agree with Exiled that many of our players simple aren't good enough for this level but to allow City to roll you over like that is unforgivable. We won at Burnley because their finishing is awful, Norwich are bottom of the league and outclassed us at home.
    Well the week before bongo we lost to Fulham in another dysmal display albeit by the fringe players. Now if they cannot get up for it in their big day out what hope for us. I was there to Witness the 1-0 win over Norwich, im still looking at highlights to believe we actually won such, was Norwich's dominance bad at the office, weve had weeks of them.
    Southampton 1-3
    Watford 0-3
    Liecester 1-4
    Citeh 1-6

Not to mention the Dire collapses
    Arsenal 2-3
    Citeh 0-3
    Sheff utd 0-2
    Wolves 0-2
    Bournmouth 1-2

Sures theres been more drab

The only saving grace has been the League Cup!
    We have 16 games left to save our skins, we need 5 wins and maybe 4 draws and we don't do draws!
    It can be done but the players need to start playing, competing, fighting and yes the odd red just to show they care!
    Im trying not to be too hard on Smithy but he needs to act quickly. A draw at Brighton and a win at home to Watford and the world is a different place!

Maybe Dave and im not saying all is Rosie (no offence Rosie) we must also include the Leicester game away drawing 1-1.
    Im just sitting on the fence right now. We just signed Pepe so thats good. A quality striker will come too and i guess a few more decent additions. I have anxiety too about the whole situation but i had this last year wanting the season to end. Then we won 10 on the bounce and got promoted.
    If B&Q can do it so can we.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)