+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Peterborough United Post Match Thoughts

Peterborough United Post Match Thoughts

Well it took some time! What you ask? A pleasing NYS performance? A Vassell league goal? Who cares, we are up to 3rd (7th will games in hand etc.) and the gap to the top which was 12pts a week ago is now down to 5. Is this the result that will finally see us push on and see BOTN standing naked in Rotherham town centre come May? Loss of two defenders is a worry but the man with the magic hat is back.

Thoughts?

Brilliant performance today.
    Well done to Paul Warne and the team.
    Can’t fault any player.

We went at them from start to finish.

Average first half, they showed very little.
    Take back what I said at halftime when Robertson went off I thought he may have put Thompson to centre back and Olosunde to right back, brought Lindsay or Hastie out wide. How wrong I was. up steps our Talisman RICHARD Wood, well done Woody.

Four goals, clean sheet, up to third, what’s not to like ?

Joe Mattock ought to have a club fine and donate the cash to a local charity for getting sent off.

Thought it was business as usual at HT, lots of possession but unable to find that final ball. Came out and played so well second half.
    Still wish Warney would start with Smith, not Morris. Hope for another good result on Wednesday!

Asked my daughter to sum up the match.
    "Cheating *******s"

The Mattock sending off was a down side to the game but when you watch it back you'll wonder why the referee didn't blow for a foul twice before Toney turned and confronted Mattock. He went down like a sack of spuds and should have been booked as well.

Apart from that it was a match that we dominated throughout!

Goals at the right time to quell any chance of a come back.
    The best goal scored by vassell wasn't celebrate by him! How can you not celebrate a goal like that regardless who you score it against.

Warne walked straight down the tunnel at the end of the match without shaking the hands of anyone apart from their management team. Not like him!

Best home game so far. yeah there was a few errors with possession again but they wasn’t as bad as previous games passing much better too. Yes we won but I think we was only playing at 70% of our potential I think if they keep improving we can sail through this year

Best home display if the season, we were in control from the first whistle.

All played well.

There's now a big green patch on the pitch where that bag of **** Toney fertilised it

Posh were a tough nut to crack first half, even though we were playing quite well. They eventually crumbled though, partly due to Ogbene running rings around them. Thought he should have got the MoM award really. Got to be one of the best performances by a Millers winger in many years. Sponsors MoM was Crooks, and also it has got to be one of the best performances by Barlaser in a Millers shirt . Wood came on as sub and picked up the pace straight away.
    Mattock got needlessly sent off for retaliating, after Robertson had already gone off injured. Could have allowed P'boro' back into the game if we hadn't scored soon afterwards . If brains were gunpowder...
    so no idea who will play at left back next game. Clarke or Hinds? Change to 3-5-2? Other than that moment of madness (not for the first time either), it was a great performance
    Last edited by mikemiller; 29-12-2019 at 06:04 PM.

It had it all. Goals, goals and more goals. Red cards, our's was pathetic! A poor side who I feared would turn us over, after seeing that performance they couldn't turn a pancake over. No wonder Donny rolled them over, they're in a false position.

I liked the standard of the Reffing, albeit, he didn't book Toney for his part of the altercation with Mattock. The rest of the game he allowed for free kicks to be taken quickly and let the majority of the game flow. One howler was giving the ball to a Posh player to return to us but the Posh player kept it. He should have booked him for ungentlemanly conduct as it was our possession when he stopped play for one of their players who was down injured. Cheating scum on behalf of their player keeping the ball, bad sportsmanship.

Ivan Toney??? Who??? Worth 3-5 million, they're having bleeding laugh at Posh. He was s.hite and his missed header summed up how poor he was all game. Tried to mix it with Wood when he came on . Feinged a head to head with Mattock but, Mattock should have known better! Let the side down today Joe, very silly thing to do and all this having been out for a few games. You've left the side unbalanced again now, thanks.

Tactics from Warne worked out very well indeed and to bring Big Smiffy on late on really ruffled their feathers.

MOTM- I called Crooks for all his hard work and breaking down of Posh attacks through the middle and for carrying the game forward, back to his old best and great to see. I do have to say though I was immensely impressed with Barlaser's game today, best I've ever seen him play. Also a strong mention goes to Ogbene, I bet their left back couldn't wait for the final whistle!

Vassell- wonder goal and well taken indeed. It's been coming and now he has the monkey off his back so his confidence will rise and hopefully we see him score more goals.

Finally, a big shout out to the team. Well done one and all, a massive win against a team that was above us in the league, now bring on Blackpool!

NB. How dare I leave out our superb Cap't. Some of Wood's tackles made me wince when I saw him flying in taking the ball and anything attached to it. Got up great for the headers but alas, they won't be his goals as both were clearly own goals. The thing is though, he got himself in that position to help them on their way in, well done Mr Magic man!
    Last edited by Brin; 29-12-2019 at 06:05 PM.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast