+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Peterborough United Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Here's an idea, should we all just always assume you'd play Hinds in every game? That way you don't have to say it in every single post until he goes the same way as Bailey-King and gets released.
    Possibly true... but the only other alternatives are play Olosunde or Clarke at left back if Robertson is not fit, or play 3-5-2... so I would choose Hinds. I think Warney will probably play Olosunde at left back (don't agree with it though)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Possibly true... but the only other alternatives are play Olosunde or Clarke at left back if Robertson is not fit, or play 3-5-2... so I would choose Hinds. I think Warney will probably play Olosunde at left back (don't agree with it though)
    Barring any injuries we don’t yet know about I would expect unchanged other than Olosunde for Mattock.

One worry though is that earlier in the season we’ve looked jaded when we’ve had a midweek fixture following a high paced weekend game. Sort of slow to start.

Is Lindsay forgotten? Was our best midfield player before his unavoidable absence. I'd have him in before Wiles. I'd switch Ogbene to the left, Lindsay on the right. Obvious Olosunde will play left back. Have Hinds on the bench, play him in the cup game. Smith don't know if it's because he's not starting but looked sluggish when he came on.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Is Lindsay forgotten? Was our best midfield player before his unavoidable absence. I'd have him in before Wiles. I'd switch Ogbene to the left, Lindsay on the right. Obvious Olosunde will play left back. Have Hinds on the bench, play him in the cup game. Smith don't know if it's because he's not starting but looked sluggish when he came on.
    He’s only just started training again mate you can't expect him to go straight into the team

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Joe Mattock is banned for three games, Blackpool, Hull City, Oxford.
    I'm all for bringing youth players through but when did Hinds last play ?
    I remember him playing very early December for the reserves and since then I don't think he's played at all.
    Good Luck to Akeem if he gets chosen although I reckon PW will go with the more experienced players.

Play some of the younger players in the Cup game and hope Robertson isn't out for too long.

He might play 3 5 2 against Hull with it being a cup game and nowt to lose...

I’d like the best we can put out for the cup, Hull are beatable imo from what I’ve seen .
    If we just throw them together and lose then we were never interested in the cup which would piss me off tbh

I would imagine King Tone and his grandchildren will also want us to beat Hull for obvious reasons
    I'm sure PW will put out the strongest team available

I for one am not going to get on joe mattocks back.He has been one of the consistent performers this year and I prefer a player with a bit of fire to one that just trundles about and affects nothing.

As to Thompson at right -back,he can stay there for me.

Thompson has been great since coming back and definitely should be one of the first names on team sheet

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast