Treat your loved ones to a Track Days Experience voucher for when the lockdown ends!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: Pathetic!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    10,419

    Pathetic!!

    All 11 and the subs today where very poor. Not often you get a poor performance from a whole team. Our club captain who gave away their 2nd sets the tone. Special mention for Rothwell. That was the most pathetic 45 mins I've seen in a long time. Woeful. Glad I wasted 39 on another ****e performance.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    42,650
    Didnt help us either Champs, Hudds getting another smarmy 3 points.
    At least you didnt have far to travel, Cas to Hudds and back again.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    10,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Didnt help us either Champs, Hudds getting another smarmy 3 points.
    At least you didnt have far to travel, Cas to Hudds and back again.
    You'd think mate! Sadly I'm up in the Lakes for Xmas. So a 2 hour trip down and a 2 hour trip back. I really don't know why I bother. We where shocking vrs Wigan & Birmingham aswwll. Another ****e Christmas

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    42,650
    Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    You'd think mate! Sadly I'm up in the Lakes for Xmas. So a 2 hour trip down and a 2 hour trip back. I really don't know why I bother. We where shocking vrs Wigan & Birmingham aswwll. Another ****e Christmas
    Ohh yes Id forgot about that, that point for Wigan didnt help us either lol.
    Anyway Champs kid, at least your not in our position lol!. Despite the fact that we're now unbeaten in 5, and hey that's massive form for us.
    We were dead n bread at the start of this month, and now look at what a few wins and some confidence can to a team do all of a sudden. However, we never ever have a good transfer window in the month of January, so Im not getting carried away just yet.
    Last edited by Acido; 29-12-2019 at 05:41 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    10,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Ohh yes Id forgot about that, that point for Wigan didnt help us either lol.
    Anyway Champs kid, at least your not in our position lol!. Despite the fact that we're now unbeaten in 5, and hey that's massive form for us.
    We were dead n bread at the start of this month, and now look at what a few wins and some confidence can to a team do all of a sudden. However, we never ever have a good transfer window in the month of January, so Im not getting carried away just yet.
    We where shocking against you, and fluked a win. I genuinely didn't think we could play so poorly again, then we threw this abject performance in today. We where truly awful from 1-11. Shocking.
    We've been messing things up for you other than our fluke win over you. A pathetic draw vrs Wigan. Today's non performance. We where awful vrs Luton aswell.
    It's pretty clear that you are too good for Div1, but probably not quite good enough for the Champ.
    I'll stop moaning, as it seems elitist that I'm complaining about Us being a mid table side. I'm sure you would happily swap places.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    42,650
    Hey mate this is your teams board, Im only a pest err I mean a guest on here lol.
    You moan all you like Champs, its Christmas after all and I know how depressing it is to live in Castelford taarn.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,024
    Champs - I do think you go overboard sometimes.
    I saw two evenly-matched, average teams. Huddersfield had Grant. We didn't have Dack.
    They scored the sort of spectacular goal that each team only gets three or four times a season.
    Once again, we struggled when they switched to a style that was primarily designed to stop us playing.
    There are about 18 "mid-table" teams in this Division. Four of them will get to the play-offs. I suspect that any one of them could finish third or 15th, and I have no idea which teams will be where.
    Have you seen the other results again?! Preston, the team with the League's best home-record, losing to Reading. Boro winning at West Brom! The Barnsley result is not in the shock category at all, by comparison !
    Every round brings half-a-dozen "surprises". I just don't know how you can draw overall conclusions from such a mish-mash.
    I am actually interested to see what develops for us in the New Year. Chapman, Buckley, Davenport, Brereton, Gallagher and Samuel were all in today's squad. The face of the team is gradually changing. I think we may well see the introduction of more and more Academy products in the next 18 months.
    I have no particular desire to get to the PL, anyway, although I would be excited if it happened. As it is, I genuinely do try to take football a game at a time.
    I am disappointed that we lost today, but I certainly don't share Seventwo's belief that a change of manager will automatically turn things around.
    The way the results are going, we might well beat Forest! What generalised "conclusions" will you draw from that?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    10,419
    Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Champs - I do think you go overboard sometimes.
    I saw two evenly-matched, average teams. Huddersfield had Grant. We didn't have Dack.
    They scored the sort of spectacular goal that each team only gets three or four times a season.
    Once again, we struggled when they switched to a style that was primarily designed to stop us playing.
    There are about 18 "mid-table" teams in this Division. Four of them will get to the play-offs. I suspect that any one of them could finish third or 15th, and I have no idea which teams will be where.
    Have you seen the other results again?! Preston, the team with the League's best home-record, losing to Reading. Boro winning at West Brom! The Barnsley result is not in the shock category at all, by comparison !
    Every round brings half-a-dozen "surprises". I just don't know how you can draw overall conclusions from such a mish-mash.
    I am actually interested to see what develops for us in the New Year. Chapman, Buckley, Davenport, Brereton, Gallagher and Samuel were all in today's squad. The face of the team is gradually changing. I think we may well see the introduction of more and more Academy products in the next 18 months.
    I have no particular desire to get to the PL, anyway, although I would be excited if it happened. As it is, I genuinely do try to take football a game at a time.
    I am disappointed that we lost today, but I certainly don't share Seventwo's belief that a change of manager will automatically turn things around.
    The way the results are going, we might well beat Forest! What generalised "conclusions" will you draw from that?
    Out of 10. Give me a fair score please. I say 3

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    10,419
    Bennett gave the ball away for their second. Good hit, but our captain gave them the ball. I thought the keeper looked suspect on the first. I thought we defended appallingly today. It was terrible. Even Tosin. He improved 2nd half at least. Travis was poor today. As was Downing. And Johnson. And SG, Bell was poor, Bennett was Bennett and it was over all ****e. The last 3 games have. Not good enough for the play offs, we are a mid table side. That a fine. Today's performance wasn't. It was bloody awful from 1-11

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,024
    First 15 minutes - 7.
    The rest of the first half - 3.
    Second half - 5.

    Not really relevant, though. I've agreed it was poor.
    What I'm saying is, it won't necessarily have any bearing on the next game.
    My ratings for Lenihan in the last three matches? 3/8/5.
    What sort of "conclusions" should I draw from that?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •