+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pathetic!!

We are in a bit of a rut.. the chopping and changing will hopefully stop after the hectic Xmas period.. let's see how our form is then.

The question is who do you drop?
    I have openly criticised the constant changes made but after that performance changes are needed????
    We can look back to Bristol city away and the changes made in that one,produced arguably the best of the season.
    Maybe back to that line up if possible.
    Nyambe has been missed that's for sure.

Also touching on that
    I cannot understand why after that performance he made the changes against wigan.
    After the lord mayor's show I know but that still baffles me.

I have never said that a new manager will automatically turn things around.
    If you keep doing the same thing you get the same outcome. That's what we have with TM, he's a dinosaur.

I think this "chopping and changing" business is a bit of a red herring. Below (with Tosin injured) is the starting XI for that game.

Walton, Nyambe, Lenihan, Williams, Downing, Travis, Evans, Armstrong, Dack, Rothwell, Graham.

I just can't see how that is a team weakened by the changes (Tosin apart). Fair enough, Bell played well against Bristol City, but how often does that happen?!
    In that Wigan game, virtually all of our players spent the first hour being second to the ball or giving it away. Was that really because of the changes? Why did it happen? No idea. But falling back on the standard cheap trick of saying, "It must have been the manager's fault" doesn't seem like a rational explanation to me.
    Bizarrely, we played better after Dack's injury!

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    First 15 minutes - 7.
    The rest of the first half - 3.
    Second half - 5.

Not really relevant, though. I've agreed it was poor.
    What I'm saying is, it won't necessarily have any bearing on the next game.
    My ratings for Lenihan in the last three matches? 3/8/5.
    What sort of "conclusions" should I draw from that?
    I thought Lenihan was really poor vrs Birmigham and continually gave the ball away cheaply. Like yesterday. We created 2 chances yesterday. I think 5 is extremely generous. We are back to making too many changes every game. I'm not mentioning the injured players. I'm talking about people like Rothwell being brought in. Johnson, Downing, Lenihan, Rothwell all had poor games yesterday. I felt sorry for Buckley as he was in a poor side.
    Anyway, it's over now, onto Forest. Who have now found form again. And we have run ndck into poor form again.
    The bigger picture, yes, we are still in the same position as about 10 other midtable sides so far of being good enough for the Prem it's scary. My God I hope we don't get this close again anytime soon. It would be a disaster.
    Huddersfield are a poor side. But in reality, no better or worse than we are. So it's great we have so many more points than them. Had we not picked up a few wins recently we would be down there scrapping with them. So we have done well to get so far in front. I think we will need those points as we go into the 2nd half of the season. And if Benbett keeps having to play then those points will gradually be chipped away at.

Nonsense Aucks 20 odd changes in 3 games ffs

We went on a winning run with practically no changes. Then he starts tinkering and we don't win anymore

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I think this "chopping and changing" business is a bit of a red herring. Below (with Tosin injured) is the starting XI for that game.

Walton, Nyambe, Lenihan, Williams, Downing, Travis, Evans, Armstrong, Dack, Rothwell, Graham.

I just can't see how that is a team weakened by the changes (Tosin apart). Fair enough, Bell played well against Bristol City, but how often does that happen?!
    In that Wigan game, virtually all of our players spent the first hour being second to the ball or giving it away. Was that really because of the changes? Why did it happen? No idea. But falling back on the standard cheap trick of saying, "It must have been the manager's fault" doesn't seem like a rational explanation to me.
    Bizarrely, we played better after Dack's injury!
    I honestly feel the changes affects our play aucks.. just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    We went on a winning run with practically no changes. Then he starts tinkering and we don't win anymore
    Well, that would be a good argument if it was true, but he made six changes for the Bristol City game, and we put on one of our best performances of the season.
    Look at my reply to Robin.
    Would you say the team that started against Wigan represented a significant weakening?
    The players performed badly, including the ones who had done well in the previous game. It makes no sense at all to me (and I have been arguing this for years on here) to say that defeats and poor performances are entirely down to decisions made by one man before the team goes on the pitch!
    I don't remember ever coming off the field after a team game in which I had played badly (and there were plenty!), and saying, "Yes - I had a stinker, but it was the manager's fault."
    Why are supporters and the media so happy for professionals to get away with that excuse?
    Football is dynamic and unpredictable. The patterns that develop in every game are unique to that game. Trying to pin everything on a single factor is barmy.
    If we don't meet whatever Venky's targets are, Mowbray will go. Fair enough.
    But he is no more entirely responsible for the last three performances than he was for the good run.
    It just ain't that simple!
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 30-12-2019 at 08:28 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)