+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Enzio

Enzio

It is that time of year again.

Enzio is half way through his contract. If an offer is made of around 50% of what we paid and considering we would save what is probably a very large salary for this level, should we consider accepting it.

My view is definitely NO. But we have to consider the possibility that it could happen. He is probably our most marketable asset.

Thoughts anyone ?

None of us have any idea how much money the owners have at their disposal. Assuming they don’t need to sell I would stick.

I would assume no one would come close to matching his wages at Notts, so can’t see him going anywhere.

Yes, when he is good he is good, but that's about 5 games a season.

Selling Enzio would be a massive statement of no ambition for promotion this season. Also I can't see a queue for his signature from any higher division than he's in right now.

Obviously it would depend on the financials, but it’s not something we should be looking to do. Enzio is inconsistent, but on his day capable of things which no other player we have (and probably in this league) is.

Heard he could well be on his bike in Jan. A couple of league clubs lurking. Time will tell

Could be a situation like with Kane Hemmings where we give Enzio to a club for free to get him off the wage bill, then bring someone else in on loan. If we could bring in a replacement who can have the same impact as Kyle Wootton has had, we’ll all be happy. A good chance for the Football Radar boys to test out their data.

I know Enzio blows hot and cold but he excites the fans when he gets the ball, and now he seems to have hit a good patch of form creating goals it would be daft to let him go now imo.

I would sooner have him playing for us for a season than against us for two games. We know what he's like and we know what he's capable of, daft to get rid of him. Him and Wooton are match-winners, each is worth any two of our other players.
    Last edited by LaxtonLad; 31-12-2019 at 07:37 AM.