+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Notts County Managers 2010-2020

Yeah but curious at only £60,000*a sacking that's only £840,000**, so cheap as chips. Therefore no need to change this winning formula Notts have been adopting over the past 10-20 seasons when it's cost the club less than a million according to one deluded pie.

* - or £2.53 if you listen to no nuts

** - plus the cost of hiring a manager and his backroom team.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Yeah but curious at only £60,000*a sacking that's only £840,000**, so cheap as chips. Therefore no need to change this winning formula Notts have been adopting over the past 10-20 seasons when it's cost the club less than a million according to one deluded pie.

* - or £2.53 if you listen to no nuts

Ah, laddo's still banging on about how brave and manly it is to make completely random and unsubstantiated guesses. Is that why you guessed big, because it makes you braver and more manly than the rest?

Regarding "no nuts", I'll say the same as I say to anyone who makes similar jibes - I would be happy to meet up with you before any home game and explain my viewpoint face to face. We could even compare nut size if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think we have a runner-up!
    Awwwh .... c'mon youth, play the white man there's a good lad. Joe is my apprentice in such matters so I deserve to be No.1.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Awwwh .... c'mon youth, play the white man there's a good lad. Joe is my apprentice in such matters so I deserve to be No.1.
    You certainly offer credible opposition in that category, but you've some way to go to beat him.

I had a chat with Cotterill when he was at Pompey. He told me that we wanted to stay but there was too much interference from 'upstairs' his word. May not be true, but i believed him at the time and see no reason to change now. Whatever the truth, it's a pity he went when he did.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    So who do you think is the best manager, your favourite manager, the worst manager. the most disliked, the most entertaining, who played the best football, the worst football over the decade?
    Interesting questions, and it's not easy to put names to those categories, but here goes:

Best manager - has to be Cotterill. Even though he had a fantastic squad for that level, his record was phenomenal. He got the team organised, motivated, and playing to their potential. He didn't put a foot wrong.

Favourite manager - again it has to be Cotterill, for the reasons stated above. Martin Allen would be second.

Worst manager - I suppose it has to be Fullarton, but he was a ludicrous appointment thrust into an impossible situation.

Most disliked - can't say I 'disliked' any of them. I felt pity more than dislike for Fullarton.

Most entertaining - Moniz. Always looking to go forward and the games were never dull.

Best football - another one for Cotterill. Moniz entertained, but Cotterill mixed attacking and defending perfectly.

Worst football - lots of contenders, but I'd probably share it between Sheridan, Fullarton and the Ardley from last season because we never looked like the home team. The priority always seemed focused on not conceding.

You certainly offer credible opposition in that category, but you've some way to go to beat him.
    Looks like I'll have to be a No.2 then as you're the accepted Judge in this matter. Off topic (forgive me) but a snippet of information that may interest you. Have just ordered my new registration plates for the car in readiness for 31st of January. A Union Jack both left and right on each plate with the GB logo underneath. Nicely bordered with a thin black line which is split along the bottom to accommodate the words 'Rule Britannia'. Makes me wish I'd not sold me owd X Type which would have been more in keeping than my present little Skoda. Happy new year XX

Ah, laddo's still banging on about how brave and manly it is to make completely random and unsubstantiated guesses. Is that why you guessed big, because it makes you braver and more manly than the rest?

Regarding "no nuts", I'll say the same as I say to anyone who makes similar jibes - I would be happy to meet up with you before any home game and explain my viewpoint face to face. We could even compare nut size if you wish.
    But that's the thing Elite, I don't think it's brave in the slightest to make a guess, I would call it the norm. It happens every day in everyday life, including football.

Which makes your numerous avoidance, diversionary tactics and resistance to taking a guess so baffling. Instead after much prompted you suggested a joke answer. Brilliant , well done sir.

Although some explanation was given when you proved in a post that you don't really understand the concept of guessing or estimating but it's not enough now it's been explained to you.

From that last paragraph it distinctly sounds you've been given a nickname on NCM more than once before by others, if you have a standard response lol. I wonder why that is. Well I'm hoping no nuts hasn't already taken as its my nickname for you.

Anything you want to add on the 14 permanent managers from that last decade. No not the fact it's cost literally millions to swap and change them so regularly whilst we headed towards non league. I mean in general , like others suggest it's not a great look for any club right?

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Have just ordered my new registration plates for the car in readiness for 31st of January. A Union Jack both left and right on each plate with the GB logo underneath. Nicely bordered with a thin black line which is split along the bottom to accommodate the words 'Rule Britannia'. Makes me wish I'd not sold me owd X Type which would have been more in keeping than my present little Skoda. Happy new year XX
    Rule Britannia on your German car, no irony in that is there?

oh man, what a happy family. I'll find my way out ... no help needed. bye

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast