Treat your loved ones to a Track Days Experience voucher for when the lockdown ends!

Thread: Mounting debt ......

Mounting debt ......

We are now over 140m in debt to Venkys.
    We are making a loss every match day. Our academy is making a huge loss. The club is really struggling to keep their head above water. We wont breach FFP but will next season. We are probably now looking at a transfer ban and maybe docked points. Our year end figures where atrcicious. We are now in more debt than before.
    All this is heading one way. Another Bury FC. This nieve idea that getting back into the Prem will mean we can pay Venkys off wint work. We wouldn't be able to settle the debt even with the astronomical amount of TV money we'd get.
    Talk is we are considering downsizing the academy. Its not working. We aremy getting decent enough players through. We aren't generating money. Alot of them wont get a chance. And we are still making mistakes like Danny Murphy in buying old past ot players like Downing & Johnson ...Bennett etc who are very well paid, but have no hunger and wont push to get us back to the Prem. The players who have come through are not Premier League quality, so we will get peanuts for them. Like Raya. And we are wasting millions on players who just don't play. We couldn't afford Brereton. We cant afford Gallagher. We cant afford Johnsons wages. And we aren't going anywhere.
    Nice to say we are a midtable club etc and I'm happy with that. Our spending is too high. We've wasted millions on crap.
    Our bank balance is not saying we are a mid table club and all is well. It's not. We are mounting debt every season. We are losing money. Too many back room staff doing nothing. Poof coaching. Non existent medical staff. Injured players all the time. Bad decisions being made. And a complete over-reliance on our owners.
    Time to get real. Cut our cloth accordingly. Get shut of the expensive acdsmemy. Get shut of these useless coaches that aren't improving players. Shut Brochall that's costing us too much. And start living within our means. Which probably means dropping down another level. As we clearly compete at this level on our own merit. And stop this guy spending stupid money on rubbish that he has no intention of ever playing or improving like Brereton and Chapman. Don't give him another penny to misuse.

Very bad news all of this, messy reading.

And largely end-of-the-world hype.
    This is football. Trying to apply normal business standards to it just doesn't work.
    We are a flea in the armpit of Venky's overall empire.
    140 million is really not significant to them.
    In any other field, a town like Blackburn simply couldn't sustain the infrastructure the club is built on. But - for whatever reason - very rich people regularly throw vast amounts of money into the bottomless well of football.
    It's actually obscene in terms of how that money could be better spent, but that's the way of the world.

I regularly watch park-football, because I simply get sucked into any game. With Rovers, I just take it one game at a time. My years of watching and supporting have taught me that trying to draw generalised conclusions from one game - or even from a good/bad run - just doesn't work.
    The list of Championship results every match-day just confirms how difficult it is to make predictions.

On the bigger picture you describe here, Champs, I am equally panic-free. What is going to happen will happen, and I will continue to support the club - and whoever is managing it.

One thing I must pick you up on, though. To describe Bennett as "having no hunger" is scandalous. Whatever his limitations as a player, he always gives 100%, and it is clear from interviews with other players that they regard him with admiration and respect. That is one reason why he was made captain.
    In addition, whatever you say, he has played well in a number of games this season. I agree that Nyambe should have been brought back earlier, but he was dropped in the first place because the crowd was on his back after a poor run of form, and Bennett did well at right-back to begin with.
    Bennett actually suffers from being so willing and versatile. I argued all last season that the most reliable combination on the right flank was Nyambe at full-back with Bennett ahead of him, out wide. Hardly anyone agreed - including the manager!

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    And largely end-of-the-world hype.
    This is football. Trying to apply normal business standards to it just doesn't work.
    We are a flea in the armpit of Venky's overall empire.
    140 million is really not significant to them.
    In any other field, a town like Blackburn simply couldn't sustain the infrastructure the club is built on. But - for whatever reason - very rich people regularly throw vast amounts of money into the bottomless well of football.
    It's actually obscene in terms of how that money could be better spent, but that's the way of the world.

I regularly watch park-football, because I simply get sucked into any game. With Rovers, I just take it one game at a time. My years of watching and supporting have taught me that trying to draw generalised conclusions from one game - or even from a good/bad run - just doesn't work.
    The list of Championship results every match-day just confirms how difficult it is to make predictions.

On the bigger picture you describe here, Champs, I am equally panic-free. What is going to happen will happen, and I will continue to support the club - and whoever is managing it.

One thing I must pick you up on, though. To describe Bennett as "having no hunger" is scandalous. Whatever his limitations as a player, he always gives 100%, and it is clear from interviews with other players that they regard him with admiration and respect. That is one reason why he was made captain.
    In addition, whatever you say, he has played well in a number of games this season. I agree that Nyambe should have been brought back earlier, but he was dropped in the first place because the crowd was on his back after a poor run of form, and Bennett did well at right-back to begin with.
    Bennett actually suffers from being so willing and versatile. I argued all last season that the most reliable combination on the right flank was Nyambe at full-back with Bennett ahead of him, out wide. Hardly anyone agreed - including the manager!
    I know you couldn't care less about Bury FC Aucks. Why would you? Why would anyone.
    You can ignore it all you want. Rovers are alot more in debt, and nobody will step in to help.
    We are losing millions every season. We have got 22m in debt in 2 seasons.

No rich people came to rescue Bury. Blackburn is a smaller, poorer town. Keep telling yourself its end of the world hype.
    Its reality. We are in a real mess. And of Venkys walked tomorrow, Rovers would fold. Literally overnight. But yeah, ignore it.
    You wouldn't have a clue about what happened down the road over here. You are too busy talking about Elliott Bennetts great displays.

Do you seriously think they will just carry on losing money? Why? In another 10 years it will be 220m debt. I'm shocked this is just being ignored. It's not about the fact that 140m is nothing. FFP wont agree with that *******s. They will dock us points. And give us a transfer ban. And we cant service a debt of 140m. It would cripple us. Every year we are getting more in debt. Every year we are mounting more. But we aren't going anywhere. Not down. Thats good. But definitely not up. Not this bloke in charge. So the debt will continue to go up. And it will probably result in them walking. We as a club are living massively above our station. And this bloke should be stopped from wasting millions on players he never plays. And this academy is just a waste of time. Because of the other mistakes still being made at the club. Johnson is the highest paid player at Rovers earning 20k a week. What a joke

What I meant is that I've heard it all before.
    What happened to Bury was horrible, but it's rare.
    For unfathomable reasons (ego?), normally hard-headed business-people have repeatedly proved that they are willing to squander millions on football clubs.
    For sure, if you happen to be one of the PL elite, there might be profit in it, but that's rare. I don't pretend to understand Venky's motives, but if they were going to do a bunk, it would surely have been before now.
    Before I left England, I knew Delia Smith and her husband, Mike Wynn Jones, well. I played cricket with Mike for many years.
    God knows how much money they have poured into Norwich, but it certainly wasn't in the hope of making a financial killing.

The same is expected to happen to Macc Town this season. Also Chesterfield are very close to closing the doors this season. The football league are looking into losing 2 clubs in one season for the very first time in its entire history. Bolton got a stay of reprieve. But the future is extremely dark. And they face life in Div2 next season.
    We will get a points deduction next season and a transfer ban. And are seriously discussing the 8m a academy that is not producing enough.
    This is the tip of the iceberg. There are clubs in as big of a mess. But who cares about it until it affects is right? Its only little old Bury.
    Well......140m debt would close this football club overnight. And the longer Venkys stay, the higher that debt will go. We neer them to walk now. We need stop all of this.
    Stop spending money that will destroy us. Stop buying people like Brereton. Stop thos manager setting up foreign scouting networks that don't find anyone. Get rid of Brockhall. Start there. It's a luxury that's not producing. And getting us in debt.