+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: v Burnley

Wesley looked much mote assured today scores and then gets a knee injury....typical. still he showed how cr ap Koj is up front. Had a glorious chance to pass to Trez for an open goal, dear oh dear still we won. I would love to know who came up with this VAR, because I want to slap them. splendid Grealish goal ruled out as Wesleys heel was offside however, the phantom red and blue lines could Not clearly show an offside!! Riddiculous
    We want more goals not less, surely?
    View And Reject......VAR

VAR is anti football, anti fun, everything we watch football for is being challenged, it seems the defense now has the benefit of the doubt in any close decision, a fantastic goal was ruled out by some nameless officials sat in some warm cosy office in Lalaland.

We need VAR line side to help the ref when he needs it. It does not make sense having someone miles from the ground and cannot be challenged making crass decisions. Sky the bbc and BT sport all saying the goal was good. Surely offside needs to be ckearly offside not marginal and not when the player is facing away from goal, there is no advantage.

That line that they drew made me laugh, it was too thick to see if it was offside or not.

I was speaking to a level 4 referee at the weekend who was a typical referee (also a bluenose too) who said "offside is offside - so VAR is a great thing it's always right" didn't look so to me.

I asked him if it made sense that the referees don't use the pitch side monitors his response was to say that "3 qualified referees are better than one and they don't have sunlight shining off the screen to deal with, or the raising heart rate because they aren't running about"

He also said that "fans will come to love the anticipation of whether their team has conceded or scored when it's being referred" my response was "no. That's *******s."

VAR at the moment is a complete killer of football and the fun. Especially when it can't categorically say something would have happened or something was an infringement

Apparently the heel was off side because it was not planted on the pitch so appeared to be just in front of the defenders.
    Surely a game of two heels!!
    Utter Bllox

Much better first half and the 3 at the back is a definite Keeper imo, Mings was solid n another great performance from jack n he needs to play this system from now on..

Greet to see Wes score n let’s hope the injury’s to him n Heaton ain’t bad

Delighted with the result - we don't make life easy for ourselves though eh! If only these players could show half of Jack's composure in possession we'd be able to press teams for most of the game. Jack, Mings and Wes were excellent today - Kodija was awful, he must be frustrated at his lack of time on the pitch but easy to see why DS doesn't pick him. No desire to chase anything and painfully slow.

Great win and we sure needed it with Watford winning as well. Kodija was beyond woeful. Slow and disinterested no wonder Dean was reluctant to play him. Still, great away win. Well done lads.

VAR has been disappointing for us. How many play back will it end up going ? Goal should have stood. Inconclusive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)