+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Carlisle

Carlisle

Our chance of a double today. So is this the old Crewe that flops on occasions like this? Bear in mind that in front of our largest (so far!) home following we underwhelmed the crowd. The same can be said for our largest away following (so far). These 2 facts are reminiscent of the 'old' Crewe.
    Who do you think will turn up?
    For me, I think we'll make heavy weather of it but scrape a 2-1 win.

Oh ye of little faith!!!

Best 45 minutes of the season.
    What a difference Greeny makes - mom by an absolute mile.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Best 45 minutes of the season.
    What a difference Greeny makes - mom by an absolute mile.
    Agreed. Somebody near me was saying at 60 mins ish......take Green off, he's done nothing. ( Think he meant all game FFS)
    NO! Of all the possible substitutions, not Green.
    Last edited by jimmyboldon; 01-01-2020 at 08:52 PM.

I’d have taken Green off to give him a rest! He said before the Scunny game that he didn’t think he’d be well enough to play the full 90, but he did. We will need him against Barnsley so give the young man a rest!

I agreed with Powell as MotM - how hard it would have been for him to score 2 goals in consecutive matches and not get it in either? Great to see him playing 90 minutes and being a threat throughout at last.

Incidentally, good to hear another manager praising us in his post match interview - we set the standards they must aim to achieve, it seems.

To me MOTM was Wintle again. In fact I'm beginning to think I'd like him to stay in that position. He's obviously able to do the job plus it's really great to a 'CB' bring the ball out of defence and then distribute it with ease and elegance.
    Also please keep Ainley in that central/behind the forwards position. He really excels there.

I thought Lowery was the MOTM. its just a personal view as any one of the starting 11 could have got it.The first 45 minutes was some of the best football we have seen at Gresty Road for many years. Understandably we took our foot off the gas in the second half as the game was won and a big cup game is coming this weekend. I think Wintle had an easy game at CH as they hardly put any pressure on him so he was allowed time to bring the ball out and make the great passes we know he can make. Also like to comment on Rio at LB, he slotted in well and looked a threat. Very good cover for Pickering

Isn’t it great when we can each come up with a different MotM and it not really create an argument? I can remember when it was pretty obvious who it should be every week, or even that nobody deserved it!

Long may it continue.

A word for the keeper too - could have brought his armchair onto the pitch in the first half, earned his corn in the second and didn’t have a chance with the deflected goal (which I reckon he had covered). Has become a very good L2 keeper and will only get better.