+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watford Game Thread

Chance for Vinagre, normally he would have buried that.

Running out of time now. Paying again for a poor start.
    Last edited by WOODLANDSWOLF; 01-01-2020 at 04:59 PM.

Frustrating performance this, disappointing that we can’t keep possession against 10 men.

That was a REALLY poor performance. Not the ideal start to the New Year !!

P.S. I REALLY HATE Watford, probably more than the Baggies. I live 10 miles away from their ground.

Well there was a reaction in the second half, we huffed and puffed but could not break their house down. Credit to the players who worked so hard after a hectic, cruel Christmas schedule. Some of them must be knackered.

FT 2-1 and I feel gutted. Whilst I understand that Watford are desperate to get points on the board to get away from the relegation zone, their disgraceful time-wasting in the last ten minutes had me spitting chips. I realise it is a tactic that most teams apply from time to time, but today, in desperation, Watford took it to the nth degree and has now turned this practise into a fine art form. When completely overdone, as it was today, it does little to enhance the reputation of the game. Perhaps, in such cases, referees should be encouraged to make greater, more liberal, use of their discretion to add additional time-on.
    Last edited by GrizzledWolf; 01-01-2020 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzledWolf View Post
    FT 2-1 and I feel gutted. Whilst I understand that Watford are desperate to get points on the board to get away from the relegation zone, their disgraceful time-wasting in the last ten minutes had me spitting chips. I realise it is a tactic that most teams apply from time to time, but today, in desperation, Watford took it to the nth degree and has now turned this practise into a fine art. When completely overdone, as it was today, it does nothing to enhance the reputation of the game. Perhaps, in such cases, referees should be encouraged to make greater, more liberal, use of their discretion to add time-on.
    It is as much part of the game as diving is now mate. Unfortunately that's the professional game at the moment and we just have to live with it.

I have to agree Grizz with all that you say. Even the ball boys hanging on to the ball in the last two games.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)