+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Birmingham(away)predictions fa cup

Birmingham(away)predictions fa cup

Another raft of changes and another defeat.
    1-0 loss

Brum 1 Rovers 3 Dwighte Yorke hat-trick

2-2

Incidentally, this "raft of changes" business does need to be examined a bit more closely.
    We played five games in 18 days (and seven in 25).
    In those five matches, the starting line-ups involved 19 players, and during that period, six of the 19 (Dack, Nyambe, Williams, Tosin, Evans, Holtby) were injured at some point.
    It does help to see the whole picture.

How about Gallagher, Brereton, Chapman, Buckley and Davenport all in the team, with the best available defence, and either Travis or Evans? Evans/Travis and Davenport would be central, with Chapman and Buckley out wide in a 4-4-2?
    I suppose it all depends on whether we are seriously trying to set up a cup-run. A home tie against Liverpool would be good - and financially beneficial - so TM might pick a more senior team with something like that in mind.
    To me, though, this looks like a good opportunity to test some of the fringe players out.

Forced changes aside,we have been making around 6 per game recently.
    Totally get the amount of games recently and you have to manage the older players but jesus it seems like a few of the changes were just for the sake of changing the team.
    The proof is in the pudding after the Birmingham game we are back to Saturday games so a more consistent team will reap benefits in my opinion.
    On to the game this weekend
    I would personally pick the same keeper and defence
    In midfielder I almost agree aucks
    I would try Chapman and rothwell on the wings
    Samuel and brereton up top
    Different but why not show a bit of faith in the fringe players and if the performance merits it,keep them in the next game.

Good point with Samuel, Robin.
    He must be another who is reaching the now-or-never barrier.

2-0 loss

Bit of a different side. We get to see what this new lad breaking through can do. Elliott Bennett. Looks promising.

2-1 defeat

How on earth did we lose that game?
    After the abysmal defending for the first goal, (which was partly Brereton's fault, because he could easily have tackled Crowley at the start of the run) we dominated the game in terms of quality, but the finishing was dreadful.
    I thought the red card was harsh, and whether the "foul" was even in the area was marginal.
    Even so, we should have had at least four goals.
    Their second goal was one of those you seem to concede during bad runs. It flicked off Leutwiler's foot and could have gone anywhere.
    If it had missed him altogether, the Birmingham player behind him would probably have been off-side.
    For much of the match, you could clearly see the style of football Mowbray is after, but you have to put away at least one chance when you've created half a dozen good ones.
    I wonder what the score would have been with either Dack or Graham in the team.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)