+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chinese bag knots

Chinese bag knots

Well it's a new year and time to fill the off-topic board with some high standard threads.

This one is all about the people who manage to tie the worlds tightest knots in the chinese takeaway bags.

Has anyone here ever managed to get in to their food without tearing the bag open? I'd be interested to hear from you.

Chow mein on chop suey?

Excellent post. I've never managed it myself. It's such a shame as the bag would make an excellent bin but you can't take the chance.

Why is Chicken Maryland on the European section?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post

Why is Chicken Maryland on the European section?
    Good question. You are posting in the right place if you truly want to find an answer. Someone will be along shortly to help I am sure.

But who orders stuff from the European section when ordering a chinese?

I’d imagine because the state was named after Henrietta Maria of France, Queen Consort of England, Scotland & Ireland & wife of Charles I.

She was European, so the dish can clearly sit in that section of the Chinese menu. Do you think the red indian squaws were knocking that up in their teepees before they were civilised by Europeans? I doubt it.

I don't imagine the Zhou dynasty were knocking out chicken balls and sweet and sour sauce either to be fair and I don't think Henrietta Maria was eating Chicken Maryland either.

Chinese chips are the best chips. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Aldo1983; 02-01-2020 at 01:02 PM.

Chinese chips are the best chips. Thoughts?
    Thoughts? You are just plain wrong. For the best chips you need to go to a good chipper, not a chippie nor a Chinese.

Salt and vinegar (not sauce like they do here in Edinburgh, f*cks all that about?) then you need to fold the paper up so you have a handy pouch full of chips. For best results let a little bit of rain in to get them to the perfect consistency.

Chippers

Close thread and ban Mondo please.

My mouth is always watering too much to take on the know challenge, so a ripped bag for me.

Chow Mein over chop suey but both work

It's got to be chipper chips

My question is if it's ok to eat a takeaway with a fork and knife or should I man up and persevere with chopsticks?

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post

This one is all about the people who manage to tie the worlds tightest knots in the chinese takeaway bags.
    C@nts

Chippers

Aye chippers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast