+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ben Gladwin .....

Ben Gladwin .....

Has left the club. Devastating news!! And some other kid who was never going to get a game. I feel we need to work alot harder getting lots of the deadwood out. We are paying stupid money wage wise and it all needs to come down.

I agree to some extent, Champs, and I did argue on here, 18 months ago, that the squad was getting unwieldy.
    On the other hand, recent events have shown that injuries can throw a particular area of the team into disarray.
    For me, if we accepted that we are best suited as a Championship club, a lot of the issues would disappear.
    Unfortunately:
    1) our history means that we always have a background feeling that we should be in the PL;
    2) the owners clearly bought a club they thought had PL potential;
    3) it's hard to see how we will ever clear the debts without promotion.

This combination puts any manager in a bind. For one thing, it means he can't gamble on youth because fans and owners will be on his back if that strategy fails. That means he has to spend - but within constraints that most PL clubs don't have. What this leads to is gambling, and (as even Ferguson - one of the best - acknowledged) a lot of transfer-gambles fail.
    For every Dack, there tends to be a Brereton!
    The more I have followed football, the more I have become convinced that LUCK plays a far bigger part than the media, most fans, and even those professionally involved with the game are willing to admit.

Agreed.
    Let's do away with football and roll a dice to determine the score

I take it you don't agree, Seventwo. Fair enough, but if it was possible to determine or control the outcome of a football match from the dugout, it wouldn't be anywhere near as much fun.
    And, of course, it would defy logic, anyway, because both managers would be trying to "control" the game in the same way, and they would - presumably - cancel each other out!

Good luck at mk Dons
    Injuries prevented him from even starting a career at us.
    Hopefully he will have a better time there.

Agreed, Robin.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)