+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: New Striker

Dave given the performances of Nakamba and Luiz this would seem like a sensible signing - PL experience alongside Drinkwater & taking the aforementioned names out of the limelight for a bit.

Still need a striker and a proven at this level winger - would love us to go for Albrighton.

NZonzi is definitely a quality signing if we do get him. I would say that getting the steel back in midfield is almost as important as getting a striker. Over the last half a dozen games, since McGinn went off injured, and just before that when he was obviously not 100% fit, we haven't been able to pass the ball. Or look comfortable on the ball in midfield.

On the striker side of things:

Slimani - no. He is a moaning, sulking footballer who didn't score enough goals at LCFC.

Benteke - Cult Hero, kept us up before going on his disastrous move to LFC. It would be interesting to see if he suddenly remembers where the goal is if he came "home".

Sammata - I know nothing of this player, so fits the transfer policy currently.

Gayle - I really like Dwight. I think he is an off the shoulder type of forward who definitely gets goals (in the championship) and always seems to play well against us. But is reportedly injured for 4 weeks, which are the most important 4 weeks of our season.

Piatek - if this happens I will be amazed. His stats get scewered somewhat because of substitute appearances, but the lad is a natural goalscorer. I'd love this to happen.

Jay Rodriguez - cheat. Stupid hair. Hates the villa. No thanks

Llorente - did well at Swansea City. Could be a good loan signing

I just hope we go and buy Ben Yedder or Icardi 🤣☺️🤣

I was against it at first but Benteke on loan is a no brainer. He’ll cost between 2-3 mil in wages til Mid May, as opposed to 9mil for Sammata. Ok, he may not score many, he may score a hatfull, but he’ll 100% win the ball and hold it up. Himself and Jack know each others game and I see no gamble/risk, unlike every other striker mentioned.

The lift that this signing would give the fanbase would be incredible. Most fans would sell their Granny, just to be there, to see his 2nd debut. I would imagine my wife’s upset (from my plane seat), when her car disappears, along with the log book .

Sign him up Villa, and stop all this faffing!!!

Looks like it is the 27yr old Tanzanian Ally Samatta for £10m from Genk. Got 7 goals this season from 20 games. 36% shooting accuracy. He is fast and strong.

Twitter are saying its a done deal with another loan deal for another striker (either Slimani or Benteke) which is great because Samatta needs a work permit.

https://youtu.be/7ZByhUDlv3g

The goals are in the 2nd part of the video... He seems to miss quite a lot in the first part of itl😭

And happily that puts us closer to getting our 3rd player free from the Belgian League loyalty card programme ⚽😎

Bloody work permit drama again, we need a striker for the weekend, hopefully Benteke loan.

I don’t fancy the Slimani, too similar to Kodjia, lazy, moody and sh1te, imo of course.

Add Nzonzi and Benteke to Drinkwater and Pepe, and I think we’ll be ok.

Well as I said a striker we have never heard of!!
    We need someone and if this get the go ahead then I hope he likes running because the ground he hits will not be still.

Are you expecting an earthquake Dave

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    Are you expecting an earthquake Dave
    You’ll get the hang of this humour thing sooner or latery Bongo- Keep at it.

Sounds risky but we need someone.. I just hope that smith gives Indianna a start Saturday so at least we’ve got a striker to aim for ! El gazhi puts himself about but end of day he’s a winger so never makes those striker runs !

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)