+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transfer Talk

Transfer Talk

Being reported on Sky that Wolves are in deep talks to sign Ecuadorian striker 19 year old Leonardo Campana. Currently with Ecuadorian club Barcelona SC, he was top scorer in the South American U20 Championships. Probably another one for the future although Nuno is not afraid to play youngsters in the first team.
    Last edited by abbobrom; 02-01-2020 at 03:16 PM.

Already played four matches for the senior national team, so I expect he’s pretty talented. My girlfriend did her Peace Corps tenure in Ecuador and I went down to visit her. Went to a LDU Quito match. Very entertaining and the quality of play was better than I expected. I’d be fine with the signing and it’s never bad to make some inroads with South American prospects.

In terms of immediate need, I’m not sure what we need or can expect. No major weaknesses in the squad and I don’t expect us to make a big enough signing that would be a major improvement over what we have now. Maybe CB as we have injuries there and Bennett has had a rough season.

It does look as if this rumour has wheels.. Being reported that he is due to sign on Monday 20th Jan. Mendes is his agent, and appears to really rate him. Raul does need some help, so let us hope he settles in quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    It does look as if this rumour has wheels.. Being reported that he is due to sign on Monday 20th Jan. Mendes is his agent, and appears to really rate him. Raul does need some help, so let us hope he settles in quickly.
    Not going to be much use short term though is it? What we need right now is a grizzled veteran , Danny Ings style, to give us a bit more "oomph" up front.

OK it's the Daily Mail [cough, spit] but I wonder if this has legs?

https://tinyurl.com/smnfkfj

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    OK it's the Daily Mail [cough, spit] but I wonder if this has legs?

https://tinyurl.com/smnfkfj
    Always difficult to tell, although this is getting covered by a number of reputable sites... he looks to have similar qualities to Jota.

Apparently we’re also in for Nelson Oliveira formerly of Norwich, Reading and Cardiff... less excited about that although he scored a cracker against us at Molineux in the promotion year.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post
    Always difficult to tell, although this is getting covered by a number of reputable sites... he looks to have similar qualities to Jota.

Apparently we’re also in for Nelson Oliveira formerly of Norwich, Reading and Cardiff... less excited about that although he scored a cracker against us at Molineux in the promotion year.
    Yes, just noticed it has raised it's head in a number of places. Similar to Jota sounds good!

Supporters will have to accept that we are not at this stage going to attract the real world class players. When we are in position to sign them, they will not be prepared to sit on the bench. The three names mentioned fit the bill for our current situation. Oliveira will be good cover for Raul and has experience of the English leagues.

Reports have emerged that we are showing a strong interest in French U20 International midfielder Enzo Loiodice, The Paris born 19 year old is currently at Dijon. No quips about him being mustard.

No more "talk" a signing! And a bloody good one by the looks of it, Leonardo Campana. Looks very useful in fact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi8jjlUi0Xc

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)