+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Nae Ne'er day matches

Nae Ne'er day matches

The football authorities in Scotland need their heads examined. At the New Year holidays this year for the first time I can remember there are no Premier League matches in Scotland. This was always the largest crowds of the season as there were lots of folk on holiday looking for something to do. Now we have a full program in England and nothing in Scotland, the home of the New Year celebrations. What would normally be on at this time will be scheduled for a pissing wet midweek night in February. The SPFL are a disaster and although I do not agree with much Stuart Milne says, he is right that there should only be one body controlling Scottish football. How the clubs could agree to this scheduling is beyond me.

Agreed. Just have our winter break a week later. We play about 10 games in December, 3 in January and 6 in February. I remember some difficulties getting to games due to reduced public transport, but always got there somehow.

Madness to stop too early.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Agreed. Just have our winter break a week later. We play about 10 games in December, 3 in January and 6 in February. I remember some difficulties getting to games due to reduced public transport, but always got there somehow.

Madness to stop too early.
    absolute ****ing mongs as no doubt 80 % will agree...maybe

Quote Originally Posted by standfreelee View Post
    absolute ****ing mongs as no doubt 80 % will agree...maybe
    Totally agree