+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Well Done

Well Done

On your win at the Turf,it was thoroughly deserved and would have been more emphatic but for a very very bad VAR decision for offside.. It's making a mockery of football and needs sorting out fast.. Anyway getting back to the game,you bossed the first half and we were awful..The second half we improved slightly but never really did enough to get back in the game..

Sorry to see the injuries to Heaton and Wesley and hope they make a swift recovery.. I've noticed quite a few of your fans have been saying the tackle on Wesley was a bad one,but in my opinion it was just a hard and fair challenge from Ben Mee with no malice meant whatsoever.. Both players going in for a 50/50 ball.

I wish you you all the best for the rest of the season and think you will climb the league and finish mid table.. As for us I'm of the opinion that we are going down fast and will be in a relegation battle after our Brexit few matches..
    Stay safe and all the best Alfie ..

Nice of you yo come om Al with a decent round up. I think the challenge on wes looks bad from the still photos, his leg is bent the wrong way but i must admit at the time from the TV it did not look like it was meant. He went down like he does and i thought after a cold spray he would get back up as he is a big lad. He will be out for a year at least. Shame he was just coming good.
    As for the Game, i would have taken a point before the game but if you add all the sitters we missed we probably should have ended up with 4 or 5 which seems riddiculous when you look at how bad we have been on the road.
    Anyway, thanks again and remember, you real fans from a real club are always welcome on here.
    All the best for the rest of the season.
    And dont mention VAR as it is anti football.....

I couldn't see anything wrong with Mee's tackle to be honest, but then again I come from the era of Billy Bremner, Norman Hunter and Ron Harris, where men were men and divers were stamped on.

Cheers Al, I haven't seen anything from us about Mee's challenge. It was old fashioned and he got the ball. I've seen a few posts from Liverpool fans saying it was the same as the Joe Gomez tackle that broke his leg. With VAR if it was over the top he would have been sent off. The offside decision was the most ludicrous decision so far... But I'm sure it has more to give! Players will be all shaving their heads to make sure their hair isn't playing them offside soon.

I looked at the fixture list a while back and thought we would hopefully get 4 wins over the Xmas period. I also looked at Burnley's... You've got some horrible fixtures coming up. Best of luck, I like what Burnley have done and what Dyche has achieved with his recruitment. I read somewhere you're club is in the black, to the tune of 80m. Which is incredible in this day and age!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)