+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Match ratings v Bromley

... sorry Maddog ... I mean't Delroy. That was quite like getting caught in possession ... ouch ...

So time for my late match ratings... I was sat happily in the Kop for my birthday so got to see first hand a battling performance.... but laid low with god damn man flu ever since but here's what I saw..

Slocombe......8.. Great performance from Sam... unbelievable save and punched well under pressure on many occasions
    Rawlinson......9.. Warrior like today, first to everything and came up with the winner... excellent performance
    Brindley........7.. Got caught out a few times but generally solid... stood up to their psychical presence as best he could
    Doyle...........6.. Put in some great blocks but offered little in an attacking sense... keep going until the end and rallied the troops
    McCrory........6..Was he wearing flip flops? fell over 3 times that I can remember but did defend well when called on
    Lacey...........9.. Monster of a performance... oozes class, never looks under pressure, a great signing so far (MOTM for me)
    Rose............5.. Never looked comfortable today, gave the ball away too many times and missed the penalty, bad day all round
    Thomas........7.. The 7 is for the goal but missed an easier chance, battled away but got no change from their defense
    Boldewijn.....7.. Offered nothing going forward but did all his decent work in a defensive sense.....should of done better with the penalty rebound.
    Wootton.......6.. Quietest game so far for Notts but did offer us an outlet when under pressure.. defended well when called upon
    Osborne.......7.. Love this chap, great work for the goal and always wanted the ball, deserved his round of applause when subbed..

Subs
    Dennis.......6.. Looked lively in his cameo... tried holding the ball up as much as possible
    Bird...........5.. Brought in late to shore things up, don't remember him touching the ball if i'm honest

All in all this was a very enjoyable game to attend... I thought the fans in the Kop were simply outstanding... sang all the way through and created an amazing atmosphere..... I looked through my fingers for the last 10 minutes and it got very nervy but Bromley are a very decent outfit and look every part a top 6 team... battling performance and a huge 3 points... brilliant day out at the Lane

I've been away so didn't make the match, but could someone tell me who's decision it was for Rose to take the penalty.

He isn't good at free kicks and isn't a natural goal scorer so i wondered why him.

Quote Originally Posted by ReadWarbler View Post
    I've been away so didn't make the match, but could someone tell me who's decision it was for Rose to take the penalty.

He isn't good at free kicks and isn't a natural goal scorer so i wondered why him.
    I believe this was the first penalty he's ever missed so with a 100% record prior to this one he'd be the natural choice methinks

Quote Originally Posted by ReadWarbler View Post

"Check the record man" - Mitch Rose

He'd scored the last 10 out of 10 penalties in his career according to the stats I could find but heard someone say it was 13 he'd scored, either way, he's a very good penalty taker and was unlucky it hit the inside of the post and didn't go in off the keepers back

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345