+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Memories of Crewe Away

Memories of Crewe Away

I carnt rememba the year , it was my first ever visit to Gresty Road Crewe, the game ended up in pandemonium when George Hampstead scooard from a corner 2-2 , at the time there was scaffolding holding up the stands , after the equaliser some Crewe fans went barmy , chasing us up and darn the scaffolding , we all gorra skutch , Tarn won off the field tho !!! Av been several times since , a thort abart mi mates that were theer that day too , sadly not many left nar from that mischievous day , god bless em

Only ever been once , Allan Clarke's second game in charge in 1978 , a midweek game .

He opened the scoring with a penalty and John Peachey scored in the second half to complete a 2-0 win .

Two wins out of two for Clarkie and that night at Crewe we were proper class .

I can see him nar in my minds eye with the number 8 shirt on , pointing and directing his players and a class apart himself .

Good times and great memories .

Remember when we came down to Lg One again in '14, and we played Crewe twice in the first three games!.
    They did us at our place in the Lg Cup midweek, then four days later we went there and came back to win it 1-2, and even Leroy Lita played well that day.

Real and proper away days then , am not wun fo feytin , but !!!!! You wa sticking up for your club , our tarn , it warra crime then not to !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Remember when we came down to Lg One again in '14, and we played Crewe twice in the first three games!.
    They did us at our place in the Lg Cup midweek, then four days later we went there and came back to win it 1-2, and even Leroy Lita played well that day.
    Am goowin back long afoor then Acido , with all due respect , sumdi will soort years art forrus both ?

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Real and proper away days then , am not wun fo feytin , but !!!!! You wa sticking up for your club , our tarn , it warra crime then not to !!!
    Exactly Roma , different times but we lived in em , not to stand your ground was to lose face and that simply couldn't be allowed to happen .

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Am goowin back long afoor then Acido , with all due respect , sumdi will soort years art forrus both ?
    Fair enough Senor Roma, you old geezer.
    I was just picking a more recent memory of winning away at Crewe Fc lol.

Last edited by Acido; 04-01-2020 at 08:29 PM.

Grazie , Roma , Super fan ov 63 year's , smook that , Ciao

When you'd done your graft Monday to Friday and at the age I was with a few bob to spend tha wanted some excitement at the weekend .

Feckin lived for it I did , nice clobber on , an away day with the lads , owt could happen which was rather the point .

Living my young life , wouldn't have changed a thing .

Loved that story Pass told abart WBA away when they'd had a few bevies and piled off the bus to have it with some WBA lads and got a good hiding , that was me 15 years previous and you possibly back in your day .

That's living a bit , he wouldn't do it now and I kin most certainly wouldn't .

We seem to have all turned out alreight .

Away days , luvved em , long trips set off at midneet , short trips set off hafe 7 or 8 , great days at wot cud be described as " different " !!! Days art , wunna strangest wa Caernarfon away int Cup , wat a strange place n fans too , ony just behind Marine and Gatesheerd mind

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast