+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Curious

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    It's not that crazy because season ticket holders have paid for that seat and it would not be available for the club to sell to others. Probably a requirement for accounting i.e. so many seats sold at X price, so many at Y price etc.

There could maybe be two counts published, seats sold and turnstile clicks. I'm sure the club will have this and it will tell them how many season ticket holders are simply not bothering to go.
    I really hope the club are paying a lot of attention to the actual footfall at each game. There's been a fair bit of chat about ST holders not going because the football has been uninspiring, to say the least. There must be a danger that non attending ST holders become non ST holders the following season. Hopefully the commercial department are monitoring things like this closely and will be able to give the Board statistics that will help. It might be interesting to compare the attendances for the vising fans. Maybe our away support visitors are increasing, when compared with the last time we were in this division?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I really hope the club are paying a lot of attention to the actual footfall at each game. There's been a fair bit of chat about ST holders not going because the football has been uninspiring, to say the least. There must be a danger that non attending ST holders become non ST holders the following season. Hopefully the commercial department are monitoring things like this closely and will be able to give the Board statistics that will help. It might be interesting to compare the attendances for the vising fans. Maybe our away support visitors are increasing, when compared with the last time we were in this division?
    Very nearly what I become when I stopped going over the Judas dodds situation.

I stopped going then very quickly never bothered renewing for this season.

I've not missed many games this season but mainly due to using tics given to me from pals.....so unfortunately the club ain't getting much dough from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Very nearly what I become when I stopped going over the Judas dodds situation.

I stopped going then very quickly never bothered renewing for this season.

I've not missed many games this season but mainly due to using tics given to me from pals.....so unfortunately the club ain't getting much dough from me.
    Hard faced **** 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Hard faced **** 🤣
    Neck or nose never heard faced must be a dab thing.

What I'm pointing out it's habit going and once it's broken it can easily stay broke.

Ken like when the dabs went DOON.

I got out the habit during the kerno season , and never got a season ticket again till the club 12 season , bought mines again this season , missed 4 out the last 5 home games , went back on Saturday, but wont be going back again till there is definite improvement, I'm no sitting freezing my balls off again sitting watching that sh1te again , so the cup game is a no from me

Quote Originally Posted by num1adi View Post
    I got out the habit during the kerno season , and never got a season ticket again till the club 12 season , bought mines again this season , missed 4 out the last 5 home games , went back on Saturday, but wont be going back again till there is definite improvement, I'm no sitting freezing my balls off again sitting watching that sh1te again , so the cup game is a no from me
    If the amount of seats with reserved stickers on them in the Coxy are anything to go by loads of people are simply not going, or at least not sitting in their season ticket seat.

The Dunfermline game was a good example when crowd announced looked about 2,000 more than it actually was. ICT game was much better attended but hardly inspired anyone to keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    It's not that crazy because season ticket holders have paid for that seat and it would not be available for the club to sell to others. Probably a requirement for accounting i.e. so many seats sold at X price, so many at Y price etc.

There could maybe be two counts published, seats sold and turnstile clicks. I'm sure the club will have this and it will tell them how many season ticket holders are simply not bothering to go.
    I believe that the clubs including ourselves include season ticket holders in the attendance figures where they attend the game or not for one simple reason. It helps sell advertising including pitch side advertising to companies if the number of people attending each home game are higher than the actual number of people sitting in the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I believe that the number of Away Supporters have fallen since our last time in the Championship.
    I enclose a list of the match reports to date this season. https://dundeefc.co.uk/matches/
    Apart from the derby the highest number of Away fans have been Dunfermline on 14th December 2019 with a total of 551 while there were the princely total number of 50 Alloa supporters in the Away Stand for the game on Saturday 14th September 2019. I seem to remember reading that there were 77 Morton fans in the Main Stand at the Friday night televised game on 1st November 2019.
    My first game back at Dens after being an armchair supporter for 28 years was against Ayr United on 12th December 2009 and from memory there were over 600 Ayr United supporters sitting in the Bob Shankly Stand. Our first home game of this season was against Ayr United and according to the enclosed match report there were 242 Away Fans.
    Therefore in my opinion the number of Away supporters attending games at Dens is falling not increasing and it could be due to two reasons.
    1. The high admission prices compared to other Championship clubs apart from United.
    2. Tickets having to be purchased in advance by Away supporters with no cash gate in the Away section. In my opinion the management of Dundee Football Club should make it as easy as possible for Away supporters to attend games at Dens with a cash gate in the Away section.
    There should also be a cash gate in the Bobby Cox and South Enclosure.
    In the case of the South Enclosure the club know the seating capacity of the South Enclosure and the number of season tickets sold.
    They should announce that a cash gate will be introduced on a trial basis and there are a limited number of seats available for pay at the gate. That might bring a bit of atmosphere back to the section of the ground.
    Hopefully someone from the club is still reading posts on Dundee Mad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)