+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crystal Palace vs Rams

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I don't know....... I mean, we sold them Seth for £7M when he was worth maybe £3.5M and look how well that turned out for them.

Another £7M for Lawro who then can't be arsed most of the time which will definitely see him either on the bench or in the stands more often than he's on the pitch............... good piece of business IMO....... unless they play him inside rather than out wide and then we should see him do the biz more often than not.
    If it’s true Bielsa will know how to use him. He’ll have been watching!

They started well both halves and then we took over. They tried to have a go last 15 but weren't good enough to be effective, that, or we were too well rganised to give them a real chance.

Roos. One of his better games for us. Good saves. Catching high balls, there were 2 or 3 he chose to punch when the catch was on but he didn't put a foot wrong. Based on "you're only as good as your last game" he should keep the shirt but Hamer shouldn't be dropped on the basis of his fumble against Barnsley IMO.
    Bogle. Here's another quandary for Cocu. The lad had a good game and, as with the keeper's position, he has a choice to make. In this case Bogle or Wisdom. Again, the shirt is yours to lose and Wisdom has done nothing to deserve losing it
    Davies. Had a good game and will not lose the shirt. That might change when Bielik is available and we sign the centre half that is rumoured. Following his most recent games, I prefer Bielik at CH AND we have Hudds back now and Shinnie isn't far off so we don't "need" him at DM.
    Fozzy. Also a good game and should keep the shirt. Another who might find himself on the bench if we get a new CH in this month.
    Malone also had a decent game. He will lose the shirt though. Lowe has been MOTM or in the mix for it for 4 or 5 appearances on the trot. He might actually be 3rd choice behind Fozzy as Foz can play FB or CH.
    Huddlestone is back, Simple. With Bielik still suspended he will start the next League game IMO.
    Rooney. Ran the game much like an NFL quarter back. In his younger days he may well have been sent off in the "incident" but this older, wiser Rooney acted as peacemaker.
    Whittaker. Again, a quiet game for him. He can, and will, do better. He looked as if he was a little overawed by maybe the FA Cup, PL opposition or both. He will need easing in rather than being able to "make a difference" from the off. Still a very good prospect though.
    Sibley. Quite the opposite of Whittaker. Opposition is opposition. Whether they are 18 year old kids or Premier League players, they are there to be gone past/round, to have the ball taken off them and devil take the hindmost. Has a future but needs to control his temperament/petulance.
    Martin. Took his goal well and had a good game. Will more than likely be back on the bench at Boro on Saturday unless we go with just the one up top.
    Lawrence. Yet again he flattered to deceive. A passenger for much of the game and, also yet again, almost every attempted tackle led to the oppo getting a free kick. He can be a world beater but DCFC can't afford to have him play 40 odd games a season for 4 match winning performances. I have said I think he will go this month as part of the Joinergate fallout. However, based on this season's poor performances on the whole, we wouldn't get much for him. Even worse, he has a contract for 2 more seasons after this one......... has to be sold or given away I'm afraid.

A deserved win and Waggy was unlucky not to make it 2-0 at the death when he hit the post.
    MA you can't keep Fozzy in the team ahead of Clarke he's been really good against Charlton and Barnsley

That would mean a lot of Leeds fans would have to have a climb down, they've been most vocal regarding Joinersgate and how both seemingly got away with it while Keogh paid with his job, then again going to Leeds is punishment I guess

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    MA you can't keep Fozzy in the team ahead of Clarke he's been really good against Charlton and Barnsley
    Totally agree...Clarke very good against Charlton and my motm against Barnsley.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    RA same with Wisdom needs leaving in because Boro are a big strong team I see Woodgate having a snipe this morning saying he likes his chairman as he always plays by the book .

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Clarke all the way, really rate him. Wish we could buy him!

My bad, your good mista.

My bad, your good mista.
    Yes I know the wife keeps telling me 😉😉

Yes I know the wife keeps telling me ����
    I have managed to still the English teacher in me..........

I have managed to still the English teacher in me..........
    More like ****age street slang!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)