+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Those funny folk over the road

Those funny folk over the road

Chat on there is that there's more chance of them moving into Tannadice than their shiny new stadium. Can I be first to tell them to **** right off 😂

Some of them want us to be tenants and pay rent to the Texan's,has our new owner ever said anything on the subject?.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Some of them want us to be tenants and pay rent to the Texan's,has our new owner ever said anything on the subject?.
    They forget that they will be paying rent at any new ground themselves if it ever happens
    It’s a separate company building it and Dundee won’t own it

I think that a new stadium might be a risky venture for the fun. A hell of a lot of fans go to games out of duty, a historic link to the stadium...because going to the football is a passed down from a previous generation. Its the walk to the ground, the pre and post match pints, the memories of previous trips! Moving from your spiritual home to go and start fresh somewhere else is risky! The new stadium may well be enough if an excuse for some fans to stop going, the bond between history and the fans would be broken. This move would have to be backed with a successful team on the park and I think they are quite a bit away from that.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    I think that a new stadium might be a risky venture for the fun. A hell of a lot of fans go to games out of duty, a historic link to the stadium...because going to the football is a passed down from a previous generation. Its the walk to the ground, the pre and post match pints, the memories of previous trips! Moving from your spiritual home to go and start fresh somewhere else is risky! The new stadium may well be enough if an excuse for some fans to stop going, the bond between history and the fans would be broken. This move would have to be backed with a successful team on the park and I think they are quite a bit away from that.
    I think the new crematorium would be successful though.Getting your ashes onto the hallowed turf would be very convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by brizee66 View Post
    They forget that they will be paying rent at any new ground themselves if it ever happens
    It’s a separate company building it and Dundee won’t own it
    Yes but i think they want us to share the rent,it would be a bit like Affshore moving into the bedsit he would have to pay his way.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)