+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Joelinton

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Ashley is getting off scot-free at the moment and it's disgraceful.
    Not only getting away with it Zip,our fans have endorsed his running of the club.They snapped them 10000 tickets up in no time.We have lost 10000 fans that truly care about Newcastle United this summer and even more over the 12 years of Ashley,the figure we will never know.Fans that dont give a shìt about Ashley's version of Newcastle,but want our club back.
    To be replaced by day-trippers and fans that couldn't give a shìt about Newcastle United but are happy with Ashley's model.If they weren't happy,they wouldn't go.

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    You also have to look at our scouting system
    Spotted in action...

Name:  stick.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  94.7 KB

I heard it was him and ,
    Stevie Wonder is our North and South American scout.

I think that he did cost £40 million. I don't believe a word Ashley says but Hoffenheim had no reason to lie and by inflating the price would only bring false expectation about their own future investment in players from their own fans.

Also, I agree that this was Ashley 'taking back control' of footballing matters (shudder) from Rafa. We all know Rafa wasn't backed anywhere near adequately with player purchases during his time at Newcastle and not at all with his wishes for investment in other areas of the club. Ashley was trying to defuse the backlash from Rafa's departure by getting the cheque book out and saying 'see - I do reinvest money in the club and so Rafa is wrong and he only wants to leave for the money in China'.

Anyone with half a brain and who has been paying the minimum of attention over the last couple of seasons can see right through it. So, even though very underhand tactics used by Ashley (again) he even f*cked that up and not only bought a complete dud, but blew 10's of millions in the process by not knowing his ar*e from his elbow about football.

The pattern continues at SDFC, anyone can do any job, so why not just get the cheapest? the tea boy, Bruce and now Joelinton. Funniest of all was the PR "Joelinton was the test with Rafa" story. Another blow up in your face moment for Ashley and absolute comedy gold.

Surely the sheep will start to see it soon?

Unfortunately Toptoon the sheep will never see it in a year of Sunday's.

Why not. Because they just don't want too see it. It suits them to get attention by being controversial.

Big Ben strikes 12 times at midnight and tell them it is midnight and they would argue the toss.

They are not sheep . It's like when a canny local pub gets a makeover , drives out the locals , and tries to attract the weekend millionaires with a £6 pint of Peroni and some gastropub priced offerings.
    Same as the toon , stocked full of day trippers with nowt better to do,.. Totally different class of supporter. The only problem is we are offering carling for £6 and Wetherspoons food .. If you get my analogy like.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigSausage View Post
    They are not sheep . It's like when a canny local pub gets a makeover , drives out the locals , and tries to attract the weekend millionaires with a £6 pint of Peroni and some gastropub priced offerings.
    Same as the toon , stocked full of day trippers with nowt better to do,.. Totally different class of supporter. The only problem is we are offering carling for £6 and Wetherspoons food .. If you get my analogy like.
    Think your right mate the supporters who organised the fantastic display in the Gallowgate End have all gone. One of them was getting interviewed about resurrecting the flags but he said all the lads had decided to call it a day and won’t be back till Ashley leaves

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Interested to hear points of view on 2 questions:

1. How much do you think Joelinton cost NUFC?

2. If you think it was (the reported) £40 million, he’s clearly not worth anywhere near that, so why do you think we paid that much for him?
    I think the club have included his wages in the £40 million
    he’s £18 m + £70 k a week

He is only young but his confidence is shot
    He is not a number9 but he’s been played out of position
    I think there is a player in there somewhere

Mind you I said the same thing about rivier 😆

Well wasn't Riviere's first game against Man City? He put himself about and seemed to hold the ball up well and i thought 'aye, he could be canny'....

Wroooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnngggggg!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tooslomofo View Post
    I think the club have included his wages in the £40 million
    he’s £18 m + £70 k a week

He is only young but his confidence is shot
    He is not a number9 but he’s been played out of position
    I think there is a player in there somewhere

Mind you I said the same thing about rivier 😆
    I've been on his side...I agree with you...but...

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)