+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Joelinton

Joelinton

Interested to hear points of view on 2 questions:

1. How much do you think Joelinton cost NUFC?

2. If you think it was (the reported) £40 million, he’s clearly not worth anywhere near that, so why do you think we paid that much for him?

Agents and backhanded deals
    And our owner puffing up his feathers to say he is the boss
    A two fingers up to rafa
    Also Ashley did the nacho Gonzalez deal to make sure we got the cream of South American talent

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    A two fingers up to rafa
    Also Ashley did the nacho Gonzalez deal to make sure we got the cream of South American talent
    Aye, this, basically.

I'd love to know which genius advised him that Joelinton was the answer to our striking needs....

And the irony is, for £24 million less we could have had Rondon who would have been perfect for Bruce's system. Joelinton is basically fatso'd footballing version of Debenhams.

A two fingers up to rafa
    Agree with this.I dont even blame Joelinton for him being this bad.
    At the end of the day it's down to Ashley our troubles.The man who gave us Kinnear,Carver,Pardew and McClaren,sh́t on Keegan,Hughton,Shearer,Rafa and Jonas.Also gave us to 2 relegations.Why those that went yesterday found it in them to boo Joelinton all the while Ashley AGAIN gets away with it.Our fans man,baffle me.
    We have a new scapegoat in Joelinton.I know who is happy about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Agree with this.I dont even blame Joelinton for him being this bad.
    At the end of the day it's down to Ashley our troubles.The man who gave us Kinnear,Carver,Pardew and McClaren,sh́t on Keegan,Hughton,Shearer,Rafa and Jonas.Also gave us to 2 relegations.Why those that went yesterday found it in them to boo Joelinton all the while Ashley AGAIN gets away with it.Our fans man,baffle me.
    We have a new scapegoat in Joelinton.I know who is happy about that.
    There's a spoof Ashley account on Twitter and it just said 'every chant from the away end was picked up on the microphone by BT sport. Not a single anti-Ashley chant. Thank you'

Sums it up, really.

I agree...Joelinton is shit but it's not his fault (although I think the way he strolls around doesn't help his cause). Ashley is getting off scot-free at the moment and it's disgraceful.

You also have to look at our scouting system

Knowing us it was the full 40 million, he should be put in the reserves for a while get a few games and goals and get his confidence back up playing without the pressure as he scored a few in pre season and looked decent but again no real pressure in friendlies.

Unless Ashley owed the Hoffenheim owner 35 Million and paid 5 extra for Joelinton when paying them back.
    **** KNOWS,

He played in a cup game against lesser opposition
    That should have been a huge confidence booster

A two fingers up to rafa
    Agree on this.

I do think a large part was the 2 fingers to Rafa.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)