Treat your loved ones to a Track Days Experience voucher for when the lockdown ends!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Back to work suckers!

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    15,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Wick5y View Post
    How wrong is that statement wba 1955 , I follow the Albion I play league snooker to a good level , I enjoy reading , quizzes and strategy games . I have 8 yr old twins who actively participate in football , swimming, gymnastics and cubs . I am on 3 committees to do with mine and my twins activities. Itís all about living a full life and enjoy everything you do .
    Wick5y.......1955 had a particularly mind numbing job driving a refuse truck for Wolvo council so you can see his point 😆

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Wick5y View Post
    How wrong is that statement wba 1955 , I follow the Albion I play league snooker to a good level , I enjoy reading , quizzes and strategy games . I have 8 yr old twins who actively participate in football , swimming, gymnastics and cubs . I am on 3 committees to do with mine and my twins activities. Itís all about living a full life and enjoy everything you do .
    44 yrs of work and 8-year-old twins, thatís impressive. 😊

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Wick5y View Post
    How wrong is that statement wba 1955 , I follow the Albion I play league snooker to a good level , I enjoy reading , quizzes and strategy games . I have 8 yr old twins who actively participate in football , swimming, gymnastics and cubs . I am on 3 committees to do with mine and my twins activities. Itís all about living a full life and enjoy everything you do .
    Surprised you have anytime for work 😃

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    695
    Work started last week, but I guess EVERYONE is back today.
    Good news is that the train fares haven't gone up, but based on today the service is still appalling.
    Anyway this Thursday the company are giving us our xmas meal (now called new year meal) so will be filling my face around about 1:30 and sink a couple of beers.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    21
    I have 4 other children , fortunately all grown up , aged between 24 and 36 yrs , the twins were a suprise for me when I hit 51yrs of age . Wouldnít change things at all and they are all baggies and all hate the 🐺 . I have lived a full life and am very content with it home and work . 😀

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Wick5y View Post
    I have 4 other children , fortunately all grown up , aged between 24 and 36 yrs , the twins were a suprise for me when I hit 51yrs of age . Wouldnít change things at all and they are all baggies and all hate the 🐺 . I have lived a full life and am very content with it home and work . 😀
    Good to hear. 😊

    And, agreed about that work can contribute in a positive way to life, if youíre fortunate enough to have a job you enjoy.

  7. #17
    I donít know how I managed to find the time to go to work......!

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    42,650
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Good to hear. ��
    And, agreed about that work can contribute in a positive way to life, if you’re fortunate enough to have a job you enjoy.
    Err yeah right Swedie lol.
    I hate it at the moment where I am, does anybody want to swap jobs ?.

    Seriously though, I can totally see now why people say their lives get affected with stress etc, because they're not happy at and not enjoying it at work.

  9. #19
    People who enjoy their jobs should count themselves lucky, because there are very many who have to endure boring work. That is why I have no time whatsoever for footballers who can’t be arsed, moan about the ‘workload’, or behave like prat’s and waste their talent. I heard Dave Grohl of Foo Fighters fame, declare on stage that ‘this is the best job in the World’! I believe that there are quite a few musicians that have made the same statement. They are quite correct, making a very good living by playing guitar or smashing the drums. Any professional sportsman or woman should be very grateful for being paid to play sport (to be fair, most probably are).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •