+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WW3 - are we bothered?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    A full ranked General in the Iranian Army is a terrorist?
    Yep, even according to the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    ,so Trump knows what he's doing winding the Muslims up by assassinating the General and how the Mussies will behave.. He's hoping for retaliation so he can bomb the Mussies as much as he wants.. Perhaps into oblivion ..
    You're only half right Alfie, mon ami, I think you'll find that Sunni muslims the world over will be delighted that this murderous turd has been wiped off the face of the earth

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    With Trump very obviously orchestrating conflict, possibly a large scale war, in that area then it's not looking good for us. If we are honest we would keep well clear but we will be fighting with the Yanks.
    Also on board would be Israel ans Saudi. That sounds to me like the coalition of the devil.

On't tuther side will be Iran, Russia and China - which is not much better.

The EU countries will not get involved but economically we will be forced to.

With a nutter like Trump in charge he could quite easily decide to nuke Iran when they retaliate in the next few days.

At that point it's not worth considering the outcome...
    Trump Derangement Syndrome. There is no known cure.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    in a poll in Germany the people were asked
    Jesus wept.

"A murderous turd" sinkov? I can think of quite a few of our global leaders who fit quite well into that description.

Iran does not disclose how much it spends supporting foreign “resistance” organizations and clients such as Bashar al-Assad etc.
    Tehran’s most expensive foreign commitment is supporting the Assad regime in Syria, which may cost $15 billion per year or more.
    Iran extended a $1 billion line of credit to Syria in 2017, on top of the $5.6 billion it provided previously. The greatest cost, but also the hardest to estimate, is the deployment of troops to protect Assad, including thousands of its Revolutionary Guard and roughly 20,000 Shiite militiamen from across the region. This does not include the cost of oil and weapons.

Iranian regime deprives its own citizens to fund terrorism and atrocities.
    $100 million for Hamas & Palestinian Islamic Jihad
    $150 mill,for funding Pro -Iranian militias in Iraq.
    $ 700-$800 million p year to bankroll Hezbullah

Iran also supports the Houthi rebels in Yemen. In 2015, Secretary of State John Kerry said Iran dispatched multiple planeloads of assistance to the Houthis each week. This year, the U.S. confirmed that Iranian support includes ballistic missiles. The value of such support may be anywhere from several million dollars per years to tens of millions.

But this is not terrorism it is Social Assistance!! ;-) ;-)

All I know Balan is this lot are no soft touch like the Iraqis.

They are well equipped military wise, a population of 80 million with friends across the globe.

Trump would be well advised to return his Dogs of War, fairly rapidly I would suggest.

Trump would be well advised to return his Dogs of War, fairly rapidly I would suggest.

......and return the situation ,as it was! Of course Iran would still give support to Hamas ,Hezbullah, the Houthis in the Yemen,but with an air of confidence about them,rather an extreme 'cockiness'. With now no consideration of what anybody can do now, to stop them ! The Houthis would take the port of Hodeidah on the Red sea,with Iran's support, and Iran with it's proxy ,the rebel Houthis,would have control of the Red Sea. That's Britain's shipping lane to India - closed?
    What could Britain do?
    Iran, Syria and Turkey could form an alliance and block the gas directed to Europe,from Israel's Leviathan Gas field.Would that make Europe dependant on gas from Russia ? Russia would like that. It already has a foot inside Syria and Turkey.
    Then at some point would some rebel group hit the Saudi Oil fields? Not Iran of course, just one of it's proxy groups ,one of its neighbours!!

....and those mad Dogs of War ,well,best to let them keep barking.

The twin evils of oil and greed ride once again Balan.

Dear Friends,
    Many of you have asked me what the deal is with the Soleimani funerals... so I am sharing my information as an Iranian American journalist who is following this story closely. Please DO NOT believe the U.S. or Iranian regime media hype regarding the Soleimani funeral in Iran!

Journalists and bloggers in Iran that I am in contact with have indicating to me today that people in Iran have been forced to attend his public funeral by the regime thugs or face imprisonment or even possibly being killed. Iranians in Iran fear for their lives that is why they have come out to the streets to "mourn". The regime has shut down schools, forced businesses to shut down and shut down public offices for this charade funeral! Children have been forced to cry for the TV cameras. It's a big show and a big production the Iranian regime has undertaken to show they are in control and the people of Iran supposedly "loved Soleimani". The regime has bussed in Shiite supporters and their family members from Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria for this big production... so the crowds will look large for the cameras.

The majority of people in Iran are quite happy this man who murdered innocent Iranians recently during the protests is dead. They are privately dancing and celebrating in their homes at the news of his demise. They are sadly under major duress from the regime and forced to come out for the funeral or face dire consequences!

This is like any other major funeral in a brutal totalitarian dictatorship... remember Kim Jong Il's funeral in North Korea several years ago?! SAME DEAL here in Iran! The Iranian regime's thugs are masters of propaganda that make the notorious Goebbels look like a kindergartner!......(James D Cass)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)