+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Motherwell beat Dundee to lift the Scottish Cup in 1952

Motherwell beat Dundee to lift the Scottish Cup in 1952

Motherwell will return to action as the winter break ends with a fourth round cup tie against Dundee. There was no more significant meeting with the Dark Blues than the Hampden meeting in 1952. - External Link

Quote Originally Posted by Footymad View Post
    Motherwell will return to action as the winter break ends with a fourth round cup tie against Dundee. There was no more significant meeting with the Dark Blues than the Hampden meeting in 1952. - External Link
    I'm jammed against the traffic lights at the corner of Merry Street and Brandon Street - behind Willie Kilmarnock. The team was going to Robb's tearoom, from which the photographer would take the picture. My grandfather wouldn't take me to Hampden - he'd suffered a couple of disappointing defeats in cup finals and thought he was a jinx, so he did a Sailor Hunter and stayed away. So that was me dished. How much a nine - year - old would have seen in that crowd is a moot point, but I'd definitely have gone!

There will be a lot of folk on a none for three or four record by the time the next one rolls around...I wonder if any of them will skip it as a jinx?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)