+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Swindon

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdad View Post
    Lukcour- what games have you been watching this season. Lowery has been playing very well with only a couple of below performances. He covers every blade of grass and is constantly harassing the opposition if they have the ball. If Charlie could make solid challenges rather than making a token effort he would better a better player and give the full back some better cover I will give Ainley the rest of the season to develop but I feel strong tackling will never be part of his game. I have only seen Sass Davies play once and he did not look that comfortable at CH so if the club feel he is good enough then slowly slowly with him and pick the right games to play him.
    Strongly disagree with you regarding Lowery and Sass-Davies. Lowery covers every blade of grass WOW that is perfect explanation of a midfielder who lacks any form of discipline and a complete nightmare for other members of the team. But then I am sure you are impressed by it

Sass-Davies I have seen on a number of games and I can assure you he is a pleasure to watch. He has the same incredible balance as Nick Powell. He is comfortable on the ball and makes confident runs. His long passing is of the highest standard. He is basing his game on the same style as Liverpools Dutch centre back. For me he is one hell of a prospect.

Must say I find it hard to understand how any football supporter can run down a player based on one game. If I see him must remember to tell him to cover every blade of grass if he wants to impress.

I'm sure that you are correct in your assessment of Sass-Davies...... But, considering the number and the level of game he has played. Let's see where he is in 2-3 years. Genuinely hope first team.
    Last edited by jimmyboldon; 10-01-2020 at 10:11 PM.

Luke Murphy was a player who covered a lot of ground, so is Green. It is a vast generalisation to say that that type of player leaves everyone exposed. Lukcour, you took against Lowery from the off. I'm not sure why this is so, and of course, you can think and say what you believe but I guess almost every other Alex fan will have to disagree with you.
    As for Sass-Davies, he's still young and might yet make it but the games I've seen him in so far show him to be uncertain and somewhat overwhelmed. I don't recognise the Sass-Davies that Lukcour describes but hey-ho, it takes all sorts. Life would be boring if we all saw everything the same way😊

Well it seems obvious that I have been totally wrong about our incredible Tom Lowery. Clearly I would not know a good player if he stood right in front of me. I sit in the main stand in a central position and the two seats next to me are open. On a number of occasions I have scouts sitting next to me. Most of them appear to have the same problem as me. I will not repeat what they said about him, you really would not be pleased.

Oh I have seen the errors of my ways but I believe I can be saved. In my efforts to be saved I hereby vote that team selection should be Tom Lowery and 10 others. Also for all our remaining fixtures our incredible star should be man of the match without reservation.

Well you said it Gazan, yes this site is really boring and it is no surprise you cannot attract new members.

Having read and noted all the comments on Tommy Lowery I can see why Lukcour may not have been impressed by him when he first broke into the team. However, he has been one of our most consistent players this season, and I mean consistently good. He creates goals, scores goals and is a veritable pain in the arse to opposing midfielders. His development over the last couple of seasons has been excellent and a long way from the "headless chicken" he may have been seen as a couple of years ago. On the other hand, Charlie Kirk continues to delight and frustrate in almost equal measure with frustration shading it at the moment. Ainley actually looks a better footballer.
    There you go. My four penneth for what it is worth

Goodness Lukcour you're a bit sensitive, you have to expect a bit of flack when your opinion is at odds with most posters on the forum. The management team seem to quite like our young little Tommy, and the evidence is that we seem to do pretty well with him in the team. Are we forgetting our last two league results and our league position is pretty good at the moment. Really I don't think anyone in the team/squad deserves much criticism at the moment.
    Up the Alex!

Swindon 3 Alex 1
    Need to go on a very good consistent run with for the next couple of months. Lagging behind the top two and sitting amongst a clutch of clubs on the same number of points. Unfortunately, our inferior budget is beginning to show. This is borne out from bad defeats to the likes of Northampton, Salford and Swindon (even if we were unlucky today). If we are serious about promotion, and I would love us to scoop the first title in our history, then the right type of reinforcements are now crucial. But can we afford quality rather than quantity? Yes, we have done well this season and it is all down to the management team, players and loyal supporters. I would hate to think that the club would throw away the good work that has been achieved by being patient over the past few seasons, which has resulted in an elevated league position this season. Act now with those important introductions in order to keep those loyal fans happy. I am not being negative here, as I am overjoyed with the way the lads have performed this season and our league position at this present time in the season. Just supporting my club and wanting what is best for us all. Wintle has to be allowed back into midfield again. That means signing at least one centre half very soon.
    Last edited by alexmick; 11-01-2020 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    Well it seems obvious that I have been totally wrong about our incredible Tom Lowery. Clearly I would not know a good player if he stood right in front of me. I sit in the main stand in a central position and the two seats next to me are open. On a number of occasions I have scouts sitting next to me. Most of them appear to have the same problem as me. I will not repeat what they said about him, you really would not be pleased.

Oh I have seen the errors of my ways but I believe I can be saved. In my efforts to be saved I hereby vote that team selection should be Tom Lowery and 10 others. Also for all our remaining fixtures our incredible star should be man of the match without reservation.

Well you said it Gazan, yes this site is really boring and it is no surprise you cannot attract new members.
    Well the Everton scout I've spoken to at 3 games (starting with Nantwich pre-season) is specifically watching Tom Lowery.

This thread should be renamed! Back to the Swindon match, which I had the pleasure to attend.

I’m a big fan of young Tom but sadly, like Green and Ainley, he was overwhelmed yesterday after a very promising first 30 minutes. Our lack of CB cover was exposed, although I cant understand why Mbulu was on the bench if he wasn’t going to replace the injured Hunt it’s true that the Swindon front men were mobile rather than big but surely we should have known that beforehand. During that first half hour we were a constant threat on the right, with Perry, Powell (then Kirk when switched) linking up well with Ainley and Lowery to create several decent chances. Then cam the defensive cock-up involving Perry and Ryan, an unlucky deflection and general gloom.

Nicely created equaliser then a stricken Hunt and it all went pear-shaped.

Kirk was good and really put the effort in, so maybe his substitution last week sent the right message. Nothing Will could do but we were becoming overrun and outfought in the middle of the park. Two more general points:
    1. The referee was very good at giving last warnings to the opposition, the foul count showing why, and they used every trick in the time-wasting and gamesmanship book, yet only 2 bookings. Hmmmm
    2. I won’t be complaining about the seats at Gresty Road again after sitting on the dated wooden slatted monstrosity that had the pleasure of accepting my ass yesterday - their ground may be bigger than hours but shabby flatters it. Not that there’s any sour grapes of course.....

Uncomfortable wooden seats..... grapes.....hmmmm!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast