+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumours...

Really don't know, I've said it before, whoever comes would seemingly play second fiddle to bamford, and any decent striker would want to play regularly, to have one striker throughout the club is scandalous, not sure why Edmondson is not included, seems bielsa doesn't rate him, I read somewhere his attitude and unhealthy eating isn't to bielsas liking, not sure how true that is though, to be honest if never heard of nketiah until he came here, so maybe orta can earn his money and find another one on a similar vein.

It's probably been known for around a month now that Nketiah was going back to the A rse, so makes you wonder what incompetents are running the show when they're still dithering with 16 days to go. And it's not just a month, the scouts should have dossiers on players to go to for all positions when we might need them.
    Last edited by denver11; 15-01-2020 at 02:49 PM.

There hasn't been that many moves to date by anyone in this window, let's hope when a few PL moves complete it will create more possibilities for us.
    It's a downside of 1 up front as the likes of Spuds suffer too. Tho the fact we don't have many other regular goalscorers compounds Bamford's low conversion rate. Just looked at the Barnsley fella Woodrow, he has even more shots per game than Bamford...and has scored 1 goal less

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Who's left now who is worth it..both Adams and Gray would have been superb and would have made us stronger but looking around now it ain't looking too good quality wise..was thinking maybe Billy Sharp but I doubt even he would come here now with Celtic rumoured to be after him.
    Some heavy linking to Gray now.

His stats in the championship are really impressive so would be great if he was to come. But - as others have said, surely he would have to start?

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Some heavy linking to Gray now.

His stats in the championship are really impressive so would be great if he was to come. But - as others have said, surely he would have to start?
    78 appearances for Watford since the start of the 2017 season and a goal every 4 - 5 games, (his Bumley days were nearly 4 seasons ago!), really? Bamford has better stats (jees Cooper probably has better stats!).

If that's the level of our "ambition" to fill a gaping gap we all know exists, 2021 in the Champiinship here we come.

Although unlikely a striker like Gray / Adams / Sharp, would be ideal, all have physical edge, get stuck in, pain in backside for defenders, and all used to the rigours / style of English football.
    Sure there is time & place for the flashy / tricky foreign forwards, but with the importance that this role could hold, for me a strong, gritty, direct old-fashioned type is what the team needs.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    78 appearances for Watford since the start of the 2017 season and a goal every 4 - 5 games, (his Bumley days were nearly 4 seasons ago!), really? Bamford has better stats (jees Cooper probably has better stats!).

If that's the level of our "ambition" to fill a gaping gap we all know exists, 2021 in the Champiinship here we come.
    His championship stats are far more impressive than you suggest and certainly better than Bamford's. When playing at this level he's done extremely well, and whilst he hasn't done as well for Watford, he's been retained in a PL club as a decent option off the bench mostly.

Add to that he's been playing and training for a club in a much better league under some pretty good managers, i think it suggests he's just not quite at that level, and that he's very good at Champ level- very similar to Che Adams then.

When you're up against world-class and international defenders constantly, you will find championship defenders much easier to play against too.

Probably not going to sign, but he'd be a decent shout in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    His championship stats are far more impressive than you suggest and certainly better than Bamford's. When playing at this level he's done extremely well, and whilst he hasn't done as well for Watford, he's been retained in a PL club as a decent option off the bench mostly.

Add to that he's been playing and training for a club in a much better league under some pretty good managers, i think it suggests he's just not quite at that level, and that he's very good at Champ level- very similar to Che Adams then.

When you're up against world-class and international defenders constantly, you will find championship defenders much easier to play against too.

Probably not going to sign, but he'd be a decent shout in my opinion.
    I didnt refer to the Champiinship stats other than to say they were achieved (relatively speaking), some time ago. Beggars cant be choosers I'll accept, but for how long are we going to have to put up with rumours (and only rumours mind!), about cast-offs who aren't up to playing at whatever level they find themselves, instead of investing in some real proven talent?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I didnt refer to the Champiinship stats other than to say they were achieved (relatively speaking), some time ago. Beggars cant be choosers I'll accept, but for how long are we going to have to put up with rumours (and only rumours mind!), about cast-offs who aren't up to playing at whatever level they find themselves, instead of investing in some real proven talent?
    I realise you meant the length of time rather than his actual stats re the championship - my point is that the time doesn't matter as you are the level you're at, and maybe improve - i don't think footballers decline unless it's due to age. I'd be happy with a PL cast-off like Gray, Gayle, Adams as they are proven in our division and the PL clubs they're at took punts on them being able to make the step up.

I remember when i got promoted from free-scoring 2nd teamer to the first team and couldn't get on the end of the passes lol. Went back and got a hatful again. Hope we get somebody, as you say - at the moment, anybody would be better than nobody!!

It looks a lot like last year at this point. I realize that the Jan window is normally a suckers bet but we really are one of those teams that probably needs one player to cement promotion. If we had someone that was physical and could finish we probably win out the bulk of our remaining games. A 2 or 3 goal lead for us becomes a very difficult task with our ball control.

The big oaf that comes out for SW for a 15 minute run, assists and scores and probably runs less than a hundred yards speaks volumes of what the right type of striker would do in this league. Eddie was just too soft against the defenders at this level.

Not likely to happen. All of the names mentioned are not players that are going to sit the bench behind someone that flubs 5 chances a game.

If we lose a couple of more games you'd wish they'd at least promote someone from the U-23s and give them a chance. Maybe give some of the others down there a chance as well as we'll be in the league next year.

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)