+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luke Ayling PFA Player of The Month

Luke Ayling PFA Player of The Month

Well done son

Always feel that this lad is underrated - and gets quite a bit of stick from our own fans, we paid Bristol City £450k for him a few years back - the best bit of business Gary Monk [I think] did for us IMO

This is surely a joke? Admitidly he has played well in a couple of games recently but these have been interspersed with his more common shockers. No way has he been as good as Phllips, White or Harrison (and nobody would have said that this time last year).

I still think Harrison is sh it

Quote Originally Posted by denver11 View Post
    I was one if his most vociferous critics last season, not now. He's no Messi, but he makes a lot of Championship defenders look very ordinary (and he did much the same against Arsenal first half).

As for Ayling as player of the month, why wouldn't we celebrate, even if we think (as Ubique does and others may), that others are better so what, he's still Leeds!

It's all very well Harrison getting past a defender but he does little with it. His end product is crap. 3 times against Arsenal in the 2nd half he had the ball attacking outside their box and he managed to give them 3 by balls out of it.

Oh don't be shy, tell us what you really think 😆

Well, you clearly have been watching in a parallel universe this season then. Unless maybe I imagined him scoring and assisting on multiple occasions?

Great for him and the team.

However, I think, as good as he's been, that White is even more important to the team.

Just assume not see White win the award since it makes it even harder to try to buy him when we get promoted.

Only on here... a player wins an award then some folk manage to reason why he doesn't deserve it... ffs... On stats for the season Ayling is up there just behind Phillips, along with Pablo and White.

Admittedly after his return from injury he was a bit shaky for a while.

It's an award for December, not the season: As brilliant as White has been almost all season, he wasn't great against Birmingham, and OK'ish v Fulham, where as Ayling has had a good consistent last month, which is why a majority of fans voted for him, as the monthly award is voted on by fans....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)