+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Trump

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... well some of you smart alec's, unsurprisingly, fail to see the cause of the middle east mess. Instead, you blame the easy target, DT, because of your liberal-minded, mus'nt upset anyone attitudes, especially those of a non white origin. The cause of the trouble gained traction, in its current phase, again in 1979 with the resumption of the civil war between Sunni and Shia muslims. By 1979 there were enough other parties with sufficient self interest to fuel any dispute you care to name. That one of the big players was recently killed by a drone strike is just part of the story. Appeasers everywhere, afraid to stand up to the Iranian Sunnis should be ashamed of themselves. Instead, they mash their teeth and talk of WW3 ... what utter *******s ...
    I thought the Iranians were mainly Shia.

... yes, thanks Navy... eye and finger fault. Iranian Shiites.

It is just like the brexit argument all over again, with the usual suspects on either side.

... that's right i961pie, the liberal lefty appeasers afraid to stand up to anyone. I suppose we could pull out and let them have their blood bath. And don't fall for accepting any refugees ...

How many wars have Iran started in the last two decades?

How many wars have the US started in the last two decades?

If they don't have legit reasons for invading countries...they fabricate them. How ignorant or plain dumb does one have to be not to recognise the endless stream of wars instigated by the ****ing USA.

... oh, poor innocent Iranian muslims is it? You're not real that dim, are you TS?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... that's right i961pie, the liberal lefty appeasers afraid to stand up to anyone. I suppose we could pull out and let them have their blood bath. And don't fall for accepting any refugees ...
    Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    How many wars have Iran started in the last two decades?

How many wars have the US started in the last two decades?

If they don't have legit reasons for invading countries...they fabricate them. How ignorant or plain dumb does one have to be not to recognise the endless stream of wars instigated by the ****ing USA.
    No idea how many wars they've started. Their current preferred way of operating seem to be covert terrorism and not under a national flag. Look it up on Wikipedia.

At school when learning about early civilisations Mesopotamia was covered. This is the land between the two rivers, Tigris and Euphrates (meso - middle, potamus like in hippo - river) is broadly modern day Iraq.

Bit by bit my schoolboy admiration for this area started to decline. I certainly found the attitudes of the Iraqi and Kurd students at University quite uncomfortable, though the Persians were somewhat better behaved.

I recently watched (again) Lawrence of Arabia and the mess this region and its neighbours became after the collapse of the Ottoman Empire at the end of WW1.

And I've recently refreshed my memory of the Iran - Iraq war - some nice bedtime stories there: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E2%80%93Iraq_War. Chermical warfare, child soldiers, half a million dead. I seem to remember someone saying that more Muslims had been killed by Muslims than by all others put together.

I have no idea what this latest ploy is all about. And it is fairly certain that the 737 was shot down. But from what had a promising start some 5000 and more years ago what a mess that region is, and seems regularly to have been.

And Americans haven't grown out of being cowboys, but it seems like a playground for Russia, China, France, Britain and America to check out their latest weaponry and defences.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    No idea how many wars they've started. Their current preferred way of operating seem to be covert terrorism and not under a national flag. Look it up on Wikipedia.

At school when learning about early civilisations Mesopotamia was covered. This is the land between the two rivers, Tigris and Euphrates (meso - middle, potamus like in hippo - river) is broadly modern day Iraq.

Bit by bit my schoolboy admiration for this area started to decline. I certainly found the attitudes of the Iraqi and Kurd students at University quite uncomfortable, though the Persians were somewhat better behaved.

I recently watched (again) Lawrence of Arabia and the mess this region and its neighbours became after the collapse of the Ottoman Empire at the end of WW1.

And I've recently refreshed my memory of the Iran - Iraq war - some nice bedtime stories there: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E2%80%93Iraq_War. Chermical warfare, child soldiers, half a million dead. I seem to remember someone saying that more Muslims had been killed by Muslims than by all others put together.

I have no idea what this latest ploy is all about. And it is fairly certain that the 737 was shot down. But from what had a promising start some 5000 and more years ago what a mess that region is, and seems regularly to have been.

And Americans haven't grown out of being cowboys, but it seems like a playground for Russia, China, France, Britain and America to check out their latest weaponry and defences.
    Fairly certain the 737 was shot down?

Where does that come from?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Fairly certain the 737 was shot down?

Where does that come from?
    Growing consensus on a professional pilots forum. Nature of sudden loss of communication, fact plane can fly one engine out. Reliable planes. Fireball whilst in flight. Could have been on board bomb but edgy fingers fearing USA reprisals and the plane not on its normal flight schedule. Will anyone else get their hands on the black boxes?

... cynical me says the Russians will be handed ths 2 x black boxes ... and guess what, it'll be engine failure or pilot error ...

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast