+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Trump

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... oh, poor innocent Iranian muslims is it? You're not real that dim, are you TS?
    Well, what are they guilty of? That's the whole point, isn't it...what the hell have they done to instigate such a violent and illegal attack? The United States, however, have meddled and interfered with countless countries....trying to get them to bend to their will. If they don't, look what happens. This last two decades of war hasn't been down to Iran, it's been the US empire's foreign policy.

As to the chap who said to go and check on Wikipedia....I'm assuming that was a joke? Even if Iran are guilty of covert terrorism, then the US are far more guilty of it than they are. Who funded Isis?

Now there's a nice bedtime story for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    just look forward to the golden era we are about to enter under the likes of Trump and Johnson.
    I never thought I'd live to see the day that Elite spoke with common sense

Born as a baby boomer, one of the things that has puzzled me most of my life is how such an evil person, coming from low beginnings, as Adolf Hitler came to rule an entire nation.
    Why did people not perceive his evil intentions, his ego-driven ambitions? Why on earth did they vote for him? He promised jobs, fixing the economy and making Germany great again.
    Now I can see just how he did it because Trump is following the same pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Well, what are they guilty of? That's the whole point, isn't it...what the hell have they done to instigate such a violent and illegal attack? The United States, however, have meddled and interfered with countless countries....trying to get them to bend to their will. If they don't, look what happens. This last two decades of war hasn't been down to Iran, it's been the US empire's foreign policy.

As to the chap who said to go and check on Wikipedia....I'm assuming that was a joke? Even if Iran are guilty of covert terrorism, then the US are far more guilty of it than they are. Who funded Isis?

Now there's a nice bedtime story for you.
    I am not a fan of Trump to say the very least. I think he's totally devoid of any shred of morality and can barely string two sentences together.

But to ask 'what is Iran guilty of?' is, if you'll excuse me, naive in the extreme. Iran has proxy militias operating (ie undermining democratically elected governments and starting civil wars) in various countries in the ME. Iran is a brutal theocracy which just killed hundreds of its own people to put down protests. I think it was just last month that Iran launched a drone attack on a Saudi oil facility.

The USA funding ISIS is indeed a bedtime story, or rather a fairly tale. It comes from an interview in which Hillary Clinton admitted that the roots of the current jihadi movement lie in the CIA-funded Mudjahdeen resistance to the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. That isn't exactly news as you could have read that in any contemporary history book, but in the age of clickbait it quickly became 'Clinton admits the US is behind ISIS' on conspiracy websites.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Born as a baby boomer, one of the things that has puzzled me most of my life is how such an evil person, coming from low beginnings, as Adolf Hitler came to rule an entire nation.
    Why did people not perceive his evil intentions, his ego-driven ambitions? Why on earth did they vote for him? He promised jobs, fixing the economy and making Germany great again.
    Now I can see just how he did it because Trump is following the same pattern.
    Sid, frivolous Hitler comparisons do a disservice to the people to suffered at Hitler's hands, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I am not a fan of Trump to say the very least. I think he's totally devoid of any shred of morality and can barely string two sentences together.

But to ask 'what is Iran guilty of?' is, if you'll excuse me, naive in the extreme. Iran has proxy militias operating (ie undermining democratically elected governments and starting civil wars) in various countries in the ME. Iran is a brutal theocracy which just killed hundreds of its own people to put down protests. I think it was just last month that Iran launched a drone attack on a Saudi oil facility.

The USA funding ISIS is indeed a bedtime story, or rather a fairly tale. It comes from an interview in which Hillary Clinton admitted that the roots of the current jihadi movement lie in the CIA-funded Mudjahdeen resistance to the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. That isn't exactly news as you could have read that in any contemporary history book, but in the age of clickbait it quickly became 'Clinton admits the US is behind ISIS' on conspiracy websites.
    TSANHO doesn't do research - ref his earlier comment about some chap suggesting he read Wikipedia which will in a few minutes explain who Hezbolla are and what their objectives include. To conflate the Afghan war with ISIS is pure ignorance and I doubt that even Trump would be so stupid as to try and draw a connection.

But like you I'm no fan of Trump and can't really work who's pulling the strings and whether in the long term it's a good thing or not. Appeasement however is unlikely to work with fundamentalist.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    To conflate the Afghan war with ISIS is pure ignorance and I doubt that even Trump would be so stupid as to try and draw a connection.
    I wouldn't bet on that! He shamelessly exploits and encourages the paranoia of conspiracy-minded people on various issues and I wouldn't be surprised at all to learn that he tweeted something like that about ISIS or mentioned it in an interview somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Sid, frivolous Hitler comparisons do a disservice to the people to suffered at Hitler's hands, in my opinion.
    I strongly object to the word 'frivolous', Driller. I mean every word of that post.
    Yes, he hasn't conspired against the Jews, but plenty of others have suffered at his hands. Give him four more years and he will think he can get away with anything and not without good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I strongly object to the word 'frivolous', Driller. I mean every word of that post.
    Yes, he hasn't conspired against the Jews, but plenty of others have suffered at his hands. Give him four more years and he will think he can get away with anything and not without good reason.
    That's the beauty of democracy Sid. If you're not happy with him you can vote him out..... Oh Wait!

Iran / Iraq is a complex situation. One of my main consultants is an Iraqi who works in the NHS. Whenever I have an appointment, we discuss Iraq. His extended family live in Mosul and for a while it was touch and go with ISIS running the city. He used his money and influence to get his mother out and bring her to the UK.
    On his latest visit, he observed that Iranians in Iraq were running the government - sometimes by proxy, sometimes openly. They are greatly resented by most Iraqis, more so than us or the Americans. At least with the latter, we don't come wearing religious 'clothing'. As someone remarked higher up this fred, Sunni versus Shia is at the root of most conflict in the Middle East. This will continue to be the case until Islam is perceived in a more balanced way and even with some humour ... in say 10 generations?

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast