+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Trump

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Tell me one initiative that Trump has taken or encouraged that is a positive for the environment. Nothing matters more than money to a 'politician' who is an environment vandal.
    Reducing imports from China - one of the world's biggest polluters - NEXT PLEASE.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    Reducing imports from China - one of the world's biggest polluters - NEXT PLEASE.
    I think they are cracking down on imports from China so that their own US producers can fill the void on said items effected.
    America first as was his want , nothing to do with the impact on pollution , the environment or Global warming
    I think he also grounded Greta and withheld her pocket money until she stays in does her homework and stops harping on about this warm weather thingy me jig !!

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Sid, relax, we’re entering a new golden age of sovereignty. The many benefits of Brexit will soon become obvious after our exit on Friday. Don’t forget, we are getting a new 50p.

That’s what they promised wasn’t it?
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    You must be missing something here sid. Donald has offered us a "really great trade deal", and Boris has promised us that we are about to enter "a golden era". With those two in charge what could possibly go wrong?

I'm quite looking forward to 'Gammon Day' on Friday, because that's when the fun starts. I just hope that Soccerman and seriouspie have several changes of underwear at the ready, because they may be needed at both ends. In my opinion nothing much will change in the first year apart from a bit of a rise in the cost of living. After that, we either enter the golden era or start the gradual decline.

As a betting man, my money is definitely on the latter.
    EP & Sidney ..... keep up voicing the opinions of LOSERS ...... makes for good reading.

Ooooh I just remembered one or two predictions you lads made.

EP: Mrs T lasted longer than the time you gave her ...... Bet lost

Divorce settlement nearer £30 billion than £64 billion ...... Bet would have been lost but I cancelled it, correct?

Sidney: Trump would never make the Presidency ...... proven wrong, I was correct

Trump would be in serious trouble after Mueller report ..... proven wrong, I was correct

Trump will never make a second term. We await November election but I think I'll be collecting the bet
    Our Donald will be acquitted of the articles of impeachment ....... No problem
    Hope you enjoy your Friday EP and if you tune in to hear Boris's speech, before ridiculing same, just remember this is the obnoxious clown that in five years time will have made sure you never ever see a Labour government again in your lifetime.

Probably may need extra underwear Friday/Saturday morning on account of copious amounts of fine English ale I and others will be downing at a country house party Friday evening and my bladder is nowhere near as reliable as it once was when 10 pints was a pleasant drink.

There will be no decline in our country's fortunes as long as we are in the hands of people that are used to money. You really should have gone for promotion when you were at work, it would have broadened your mind and taken away that big chip on your shoulder. Things have moved on in the workplace and it makes me smile when the Lefties are always carping on about this unfair world and the poor working classes. Working classes? ........ I know many lads making a bloody good living working with their hands and don't complain. There will always be a percentage of poor folk through no fault of their own that deserve help but all this bollox about the 'workers' being downtrodden is mostly ridiculous ....... If you want to better yourself, then make every effort to achieve it .... don't talk about it, do it .........the opportunities are there and always have been.
    Last edited by seriouspie; 29-01-2020 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Ooooh I just remembered one or two predictions you lads made.

EP: Mrs T lasted longer than the time you gave her ...... Bet lost

Divorce settlement nearer £30 billion than £64 billion ...... Bet would have been lost but I cancelled it, correct?
    Mrs T lasted longer than the time I gave her? Don't remember betting on that evil bitch, you'll have to remind me.

Regarding the divorce settlement, those amounts weren't the bet. I can't remember the figures, but I recall I won and it cancelled out another bet that I lost.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    You really should have gone for promotion when you were at work, it would have broadened your mind and taken away that big chip on your shoulder. If you want to better yourself, then make every effort to achieve it .... don't talk about it, do it .........the opportunities are there and always have been.
    What chip on my shoulder? You seem to be confusing me with someone else because I have managed to better myself. Funny you should bring it up now, because a couple of days ago I had some very good news on the financial front. My wife was left some land in Lincolnshire when her dad died nearly 30 years ago, 3 plots of around 17 acres in total. It's always been used as agricultural land providing a modest annual income, but now East Lindsey District Council have approved a request to make it residential building land. I won't mention figures on here, but the value has suddenly rocketed. What are we doing about it? We are in the process of transferring ownership of the land to our 3 kids, because we don't need the cash.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I think they are cracking down on imports from China so that their own US producers can fill the void on said items effected.
    America first as was his want , nothing to do with the impact on pollution , the environment or Global warming
    I think he also grounded Greta and withheld her pocket money until she stays in does her homework and stops harping on about this warm weather thingy me jig !!
    Exactly that, Pedro. Americans think they have a right to pollute the world it - won't affect them! It's America first, last, and everything in between. They cannot be trusted, no matter who their president is or which party they lead. Especially this present president, a compulsive liar obsessed with his own image. At a whim he'll tear up any trade agreement without blinking an eye if he thinks it makes him look powerful to his Republican voters.

We would be far, far, better off negotiating trade deals with the commonwealth countries even if we have to suffer a recession for a while.

Independence from Europe should be followed by independence from the USA. Self-respect means a lot to us Boomers.

Juggle around my post as much as you like but don't trust the Yanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    One of those two countries has given notice of its intention to withdraw from the Paris Agreement.

Guess what? It isn’t China.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Exactly that, Pedro. Americans think they have a right to pollute the world it - won't affect them! It's America first, last, and everything in between. They cannot be trusted, no matter who their president is or which party they lead. Especially this present president, a compulsive liar obsessed with his own image. At a whim he'll tear up any trade agreement without blinking an eye if he thinks it makes him look powerful to his Republican voters.

We would be far, far, better off negotiating trade deals with the commonwealth countries even if we have to suffer a recession for a while.

Independence from Europe should be followed by independence from the USA. Self-respect means a lot to us Boomers.

Juggle around my post as much as you like but don't trust the Yanks.
    Laxative, for now at any rate, you are a man after my own heart. Well said.
    The US is a frequent holiday destination for me. No more it ain't. I've told my American Amigos, they will only see me again if they come over here.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Laxative, for now at any rate, you are a man after my own heart. Well said.
    The US is a frequent holiday destination for me. No more it ain't. I've told my American Amigos, they will only see me again if they come over here.
    Seems your " American Amigos" have something to thank the Trumpster for.

So Sid never attends Notts games because he is too sick?.......but takes "frequent holiday trips to the USA"?

Never trust the ex-Guardian writers.

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast