+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Trump

Naturally you look after your pals and family first Sidney. I must nominate you for membership of the Scarborough 7147 Lodge where you will be enlightened.

Just the answer I would have expected from the unreconstructed dinosaur you are, Mr Serious. s e x ism, nepotism, favouritism - just three of the weapons in your armoury, old lad.

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    I think Swale spotted a chink in your armour SP
    Aye .... another young PC brainwashed lad .. bless him.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Aye .... another young PC brainwashed lad .. bless him.
    No, actually the person entrusted with keeping such things off this little corner of FootyMad's network. Watch your step please. As you know, I moderate this board very generously so please think of this as a 'quiet word' from the ref. No card this time as you will no doubt have noted despite two offences in this thread already.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 16-01-2020 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Naturally you look after your pals and family first Sidney. I must nominate you for membership of the Scarborough 7147 Lodge where you will be enlightened.

Just the answer I would have expected from the unreconstructed dinosaur you are, Mr Serious. s e x ism, nepotism, favouritism - just three of the weapons in your armoury, old lad.
    Of course Sidney .. and there's more.

Didn't you know Swale, all Chinese people LIKE being called Chinky, they find it endearing. Just like the only black in the factory in the seventies liked being called DARKIE, he loved it in fact apparently. It's obviously not the case of him having to put up with it and laugh or feeling even more conspicuous. According to all the white people 40 years later that is. I would like to ask him personally how he felt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    No, actually the person entrusted with keeping such things off this little corner of FootyMad's network. Watch your step please. As you know, I moderate this board very generously so please think of this as a 'quiet word' from the ref. No card this time as you will no doubt have noted despite two offences in this thread already.
    No worries Modman .... I'll curb my lip in future although it curls as I write.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Didn't you know Swale, all Chinese people LIKE being called Chinky, they find it endearing. Just like the only black in the factory in the seventies liked being called DARKIE, he loved it in fact apparently. It's obviously not the case of him having to put up with it and laugh or feeling even more conspicuous. According to all the white people 40 years later that is. I would like to ask him personally how he felt about it.
    Well this is a 100% true account.

Back in the 50's we had a fellow apprentice fitter who was, shall we say, dark skinned and frizzy haired. He was always known as Woggy and I never knew his real name as when asked he always said it was unpronounceable and he preferred to be called Woggy, a name used by all his mates and superiors.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Well this is a 100% true account.

Back in the 50's we had a fellow apprentice fitter who was, shall we say, dark skinned and frizzy haired. He was always known as Woggy and I never knew his real name as when asked he always said it was unpronounceable and he preferred to be called Woggy, a name used by all his mates and superiors.
    I'm sure he was delighted his superiors referred to him in such a manner. In just the same way you prefer to be referred to as a gammon.

Swale, if Seriouspie changed his messageboard name to Horribleoldcun*Pie, would the vulgarity be excused for reasons of accuracy?

This is a genuine story as well.

My dad worked in a panel beaters in Derby in the 60s. Having just come over on the boat, he still had his strong Irish accent. As lads did then, they started calling him Paddy and Mick. My dad got fed up with this fairly quickly and on one particular day he told one bloke if he called him a stupid name again, he’d put him on his arse.

The bloke called him a stupid name again and so my dad smacked him and put him on his arse.

No one called him Paddy or Mick again.

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast