+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Captain Christophe Berra told he can leave Hearts

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    19

    Captain Christophe Berra told he can leave Hearts

    Is this guy worth taking a punt on? Experienced enough.
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51019416

  2. #2
    If the price is right...we could do a lot worse. But I wouldn't be pushing the boat out wildly for him.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    If the price is right...we could do a lot worse. But I wouldn't be pushing the boat out wildly for him.
    Where on earth would we play and when ? Past his best and destined lower divisions.

  4. #4
    Absolutely past his best but if we can pay him 500 quid a week as back-up ahead of Mugabi that's potentially the difference between third and fourth.

    I wouldn't be going crazy to sign him by any means but I bet we and plenty others make a discreet enquiry to his agent about his demands.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    794
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Absolutely past his best but if we can pay him 500 quid a week as back-up ahead of Mugabi that's potentially the difference between third and fourth.

    I wouldn't be going crazy to sign him by any means but I bet we and plenty others make a discreet enquiry to his agent about his demands.
    In the games against us this season it's been clear that he's not the player he was -not quick enough, and, frankly, fouled a lot when he was caught out. But it was equally clear that Hearts' problems went well beyond Berra. If, after a measured and objective assessment, our management could see us using him as back-up in some games, and if the wages were right, then it's worth a gentle enquiry. But I wouldn't go chasing.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    806
    No. He is well past it and way too expensive.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,511
    Do not go near him - he's done. Unless we get a bid of 3M for Gallacher ??

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    332
    No way, why would we even consider this. If he's not good enough for a team sitting adrift at the bottom of the table why would we think he can do a job for a team currently sitting in third.
    Way past his prime he'd be more likely heading for a championship team or another struggling team in the premiership.

  9. #9
    Hartley seems to be protected due to his knee or other issues and we have no idea what Dunne will be like after two long term absences. We might be okay with what we have, we might also be easily looking at Gallagher and Mugabi/Maguire for several weeks at a crucial part of the season. Even Berra in decline is a better option and if he's going for a song would be good insurance.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Hartley seems to be protected due to his knee or other issues and we have no idea what Dunne will be like after two long term absences. We might be okay with what we have, we might also be easily looking at Gallagher and Mugabi/Maguire for several weeks at a crucial part of the season. Even Berra in decline is a better option and if he's going for a song would be good insurance.
    That song could go something like "RELAX - don't do it ..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •