+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Harry's stepping back...

Harry and Meghan.... .

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Hes making the effort though BT.. Cut him a bit of slack,he's not a bad lad..
    Fair play indeed Alf. Harry has realised this Royal Family malarkey is just a load of old bolloxs.

I totally agree with sinkov, this is the Beginning of the End.

Name:  InkedHarry_LI.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  38.7 KB

Can we also take this wonderful opportunity to ditch Edward and the two ugly sisters?

Attachment 14741

Be interesting to see what happens now BT, Brenda might give the impression of being a sweet old dear, but this lot are just as ruthless as the Tory Party when their power base is under threat. Wouldn't surprise me if she had knuckledusters in that handbag, and I'll bet she knows how to use them.
    Last edited by sinkov; 10-01-2020 at 10:08 PM.

I am sure a solution will be reached. Reform of the Monarchy has been an ongoing process since the English Civil War. I support a modernised Royal Family and there has been considerable debate for the past few years about slimming down the size of the Windsor collective. Harry and Meghan clearly do not fit happily into the current set up and wish to pursue an independent path. I have a great deal more sympathy for that approach than I do for the antics of some other members of the family inner circle.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Harry and Meghan clearly do not fit happily into the current set up and wish to pursue an independent path. I have a great deal more sympathy for that approach than I do for the antics of some other members of the family inner circle.
    That's fine Outwood, they can do as they please for me, I really couldn't care less. I'm even happy for a portion of my income tax contributions to partly fund certain aspects of the monarchy. I would object though if I'm expected to fund in any way the lifestyles of these two when they 'step back' from their duties as members of the Royal Family. And this is going to be the big problem, the sticking point, Boris might well be able to get away with being in favour of having cake and eating it, but these two won't, as the old song goes, 'there may be trouble ahead....'.

"Life as the 'spare' younger Royal sibling isn't much fun"

This is the headline over a piece by Harry Mount in the Telegraph. As someone brought up in a working class family in Lancashire, for once I'm virtually speechless. Jesus fecking wept, do people like Harry Mount actually WANT to get the monarchy abolished ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "Life as the 'spare' younger Royal sibling isn't much fun"

This is the headline over a piece by Harry Mount in the Telegraph. As someone brought up in a working class family in Lancashire, for once I'm virtually speechless. Jesus fecking wept, do people like Harry Mount actually WANT to get the monarchy abolished ?
    Hopefully sinkov.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Hopefully sinkov.
    Well he's going the right way about it BT, I'm sure you, me and everyone on here will know plenty of people who's lives have been, and will be, an awful lot less fun than that of a minor Royal, even if they did lose their mum at an early age. I think most ordinary people have a lot of time for Brenda because she keeps her head down, her mouth shut and does her job. They won't have much time for any of her privileged offspring, whining that they're not having much fun and want to skive off work, while still getting paid of course.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)